MSI z97 Gaming 5 and 950 Pro m.2 SSD?

Lavish

Is this SSD compatible with my mobo?

Intel i5 4690k | NZXT Kraken x61 | MSI z97 Gaming 5 | MSI GTX 970 EVGA Supernova G2 750 G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2133mhz [2x8] | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SSD NZXT H440 [black and Red]

Saving for a Dream rig :)

Is this SSD compatible with my mobo?

No.  Also, 950 Pro is overkill for anyone except big businesses.  It's not a consumer piece.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

No.  Also, 950 Pro is overkill for anyone except big businesses.  It's not a consumer piece.

Does that make me a big business?

EDIT: The 950 PRO is a consumer variant of the SM951 series (basically), just with an updated NAND technology.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Does that make me a big business?

Or rich beyond reason ;)

Or rich beyond reason ;)

Eh, it only costed the price of a console...  ;)

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

You wouldn't even use a tenth of it's potential anyway on a single PC :P  Most of the massive innovations on the 950 Pro are to do with multiple client access performance.

With how SSDs have been dropping in price, I'd be surprised if we didn't see them plummet out of the sky in the next couple of years.

You wouldn't even use a tenth of it's potential anyway on a single PC :P  Most of the massive innovations on the 950 Pro are to do with multiple client access performance.

But mah boot times! Completely necessary to have sub-3 second boot times, right?  ;)

post-77647-0-59563400-1446758612.jpg

But mah boot times! Completely necessary to have sub-3 second boot times, right?  ;)

More like 20-30 seconds.

winbare2.png

winloaded2.pngBootracer-980x735.jpeg

Its not? is there an adapter I can purchase for it? Or am I stuck with not being able to use one :P

Intel i5 4690k | NZXT Kraken x61 | MSI z97 Gaming 5 | MSI GTX 970 EVGA Supernova G2 750 G-Skill Ripjaws 16GB 2133mhz [2x8] | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB HDD Samsung 850 EVO Series 250GB SSD NZXT H440 [black and Red]

Saving for a Dream rig :)

Its not? is there an adapter I can purchase for it? Or am I stuck with not being able to use one :P

M.2 is just the socket.  The 950 Pro is fundamentally different than a M.2 SATA unfortunately. Nothing you can do to make it work.