Trim on Ssd and Hdd

Gianluk

First of all i want to apologize to everybody if my question is stupid...but i'm trying to learn, that's why i'm here :D

So basically i read that enabling SSD is a must do on ssds but useless on hdds, and just a couple of days ago i decided to buy my first ssd to install it in my ancient laptop.

Along with the Ssd i bought a caddy hdd to replace the cd drive and use the old hdd as a secondary drive.

So i want to know if i enable trim does it apply on the hdd too or just on the main drive and if there's a way to enable it just on the ssd,how can i do it ?

Also do you guys have any suggestions on what to do to optimize the use of an ssd on windows, for example i read that disabling hiberantion, disk indexing and also supefetch and prefetch is useful... is that right or BS ?

Thanks everyone :D

Modern SSD has very good write/re-write endurance. The way an SSD is used in a typical laptop. There is no way you can wear it out. Those advise for disable hibernation, etc is outdated. Windows 10 will automatically takes care trim for SSD and defrag for HDD. Windows !0 just names them both as "optimisation". Don't worry, just enjoy.