ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI) SATA issue

Drukoo

I recently upgraded from a ASUS x470 to the Crosshair VIII hero (WIFI).  I also upgraded the CPU to the Ryzen 9 3900x.  On my old system I had two m.2s working as well as a HDD 6tb.  When I moved everything to the new motherboard and booted it up, everything works but my SATA drive is not recognized.  I tried all the different ports and swapping out the SATA cable but nothing worked.  I have checked the drive in an external enclosure and it works fine.    On the BiOS SATA is enabled to AHCI.  I hope that there is an easy fix, this is only my second build, so I am probably missing a step.  Is there a way to check the SATA ports are working correctly?  

Having the same problem with my Asus x570 crosshair viii hero (non-wifi).  Tried all different sata ports and cables along with different power cables.  Nothing is detected in bios or windows.  3800x with corsair mp600 1tb nvme ssd.  Hard drive is spinning up and works in my external dock, just not when connected to the sata ports.

Did you update when you first got the board?  I wonder if going back to an older BiOS version would work?