Google Drive's Backup and Sync Tool

Hey guys, first time poster here and long time Linus watcher.

I've been having a serious problem with the backup and sync tool made by Google which integrates google drive into Windows explorer (or OS X's equivalent as well I believe).

Basically, the tool one day told me I had to disconnect my account and then reconnect after it restarted. I did this, and as I tried to log in through it, it would be stuck forever in the 'One moment please' screen. I know a lot of people have had this issue in the past, but none of the fixes I found seemed to work - I've tried reinstalling many times, deleting the user_default folder and many other methods. Whats worse, is the link that says to use your browser if the tool isn't working, sends me to a website that actually gives me the "terms and conditions" screen where I have to hit allow, but then redirects me to a broken website with localhost:54583 or something in the URL. 

I'm at a loss. I need backup and sync on my desktop to work productively. Backup and sync works PERFECTLY on my laptop and the computer at work too. I have no idea what to do.

I've attached a couple of images of what the frozen 'One moment please' screen looks like and the broken 'sign in with your browser link' website

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1.png

2.png

I've just realised that this probably belongs in troubleshooting, sorry guys