Battlefield 4 error help!

sze_nian

Help LTT members, im having problem for battlefield 4 for few days already. Facing direct x problem n been forced to use unicode english just able to play the game. After few minutes of playing, if crashed again. What direct x device hung or what so ever and make me cant play again any more.

I also cannot update from origin. Origin will keeps run my internet connection and then downloaded more than 100mb in background but shows nothing and appear to me that update failed. I wasted my quota! Whats the problem

Any one in LTT can help? Please and thank you.

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

Are you on Windows 7, 8 or 8.1? Try downloading the latest version of DirectX.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Are you on Windows 7, 8 or 8.1? Try downloading the latest version of DirectX.

Window 8.1 pro, the direct x already running the latest.

My 2013 First Build
Processor : Intel i7 3930K | Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV GENE | RAM : 2x Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 2x4GB Kit (Mix color black and red) | Graphics : Asus GTX 680 Direct CU II OC | SSD : Intel 520 Series 120GB | Cooler : Corsair H100i | PSU : Corsair AX760 | Chassis : Corsair Obsidian 650D | Mouse : Razer Mamba 4G Edition | Keyboard : Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013

Can you upload a screenshot of the error message?

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Can you upload a screenshot of the error message?

Two direct X error i faced.

One :

DirectX function "m_dxgiFactory->CreateSwapChain( m_device, &sd,&screen->swapChain.assignGet())" failed with DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL ("The application provided invalid parameter data; this must be debugged and fixed before application is released.") GPU:"NVIDIA GeForce GTX680", Driver: 33165

Two:

http://i.imgur.com/prdF9zJ.jpg this is from another person which is same issue as mine just my gpu is GTX680 and driver 33165

And also i fail to update my game file from origin also. runned for 10 or more minutes , internet speed maxed out to 5mbps and then downloaded invisible files n cut down my usage of quota around 100MB!

My 2013 First Build

You should contact origin customer service instead on BF4. Anyway BF4 has been crashing on and off. You might want to report your bug issue to them. They'll help you to sort things out. 

Two direct X error i faced.

One :

DirectX function "m_dxgiFactory->CreateSwapChain( m_device, &sd,&screen->swapChain.assignGet())" failed with DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL ("The application provided invalid parameter data; this must be debugged and fixed before application is released.") GPU:"NVIDIA GeForce GTX680", Driver: 33165

Two:

http://i.imgur.com/prdF9zJ.jpg this is from another person which is same issue as mine just my gpu is GTX680 and driver 33165

And also i fail to update my game file from origin also. runned for 10 or more minutes , internet speed maxed out to 5mbps and then downloaded invisible files n cut down my usage of quota around 100MB!

What drivers do you use? Update to latest WHQL. Also it's worth a try reseating your GPU to the second PCI-e slot if your board has one.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

You should contact origin customer service instead on BF4. Anyway BF4 has been crashing on and off. You might want to report your bug issue to them. They'll help you to sort things out. 

Do u believe that i contacted their customer server for 4 times already? xD non of them fix my issues... cant enjoy the game n feel like wasted my money. Will GPU causes Direct X to have error?

What drivers do you use? Update to latest WHQL. Also it's worth a try reseating your GPU to the second PCI-e slot if your board has one.

Latest Nvidia driver, 331.65. O.o changing it to another slot? One question, will GPU causes Direct X to have error?

My 2013 First Build

Do u believe that i contacted their customer server for 4 times already? xD non of them fix my issues... cant enjoy the game n feel like wasted my money. Will GPU causes Direct X to have error?

Latest Nvidia driver, 331.65. O.o changing it to another slot? One question, will GPU causes Direct X to have error?

I had similiar issues and reseating helped me, the 1st slot on my board was faulty.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I had similiar issues and reseating helped me, the 1st slot on my board was faulty.

OK i might try it. Thanks. Will inform u is it working or not. Its 10pm at here now and tomorrow morning still need to go for class. =)

My 2013 First Build