Batman: Arkham Asylum Physx problem

Go to solution Solved by Flamewalker,

So i purchase Arkham Asylum recently and finally got around to playing it today after installing it.

Now when i went into the settings, i saw a setting for hardware accelarated physx, so i tried to turn it on.

My graphics card is an EVGA GTX 660 Super Clocked, so i assumed no trouble there, except the game says " Your hardware does no meet the recommendation for this Physx setting, ( GTX260+ recommended) for the  normal setting.

If i put it on high, it says " Nvidia GTX260+ and dedicated Nvidia 9800GTX+ recommended)

other than that game settings is set to high, and settings such as bloom,dynamic shadows are set to yes

Thanks

"I just tried and got the same error for Physx in the launch settings, i doubt this is anything we control since its the game that is detecting our hardware, since this game came out awhile ago, I assume it just doesn't detect newer GPUs correctly." from nvidia (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/554842/gtx-670-is-considered-weak-for-batman-arkham-asylum-/)

Like Toomanyerrors said, you can change it in the ini files (Documents\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\BmGame\Config\bmengine.ini if you got the old one with gfwl, and \Documents\Square Enix\Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY\bmgame\config\bmengine.ini if you got the steam version) 

Search for PhysXLevel and change it to PhysXLevel=2 (this is the highest setting) and then save it and set it to read only.

And then you should have everything physx related (although not sure about the rigid bodies at the scarecrow levels, you used to have to download a rigid bodies physx patch for gtx 400 series for it to properly work, but not sure if they patched it in the later versions or the steam version)

So i purchase Arkham Asylum recently and finally got around to playing it today after installing it.

Now when i went into the settings, i saw a setting for hardware accelarated physx, so i tried to turn it on.

My graphics card is an EVGA GTX 660 Super Clocked, so i assumed no trouble there, except the game says " Your hardware does no meet the recommendation for this Physx setting, ( GTX260+ recommended) for the  normal setting.

If i put it on high, it says " Nvidia GTX260+ and dedicated Nvidia 9800GTX+ recommended)

other than that game settings is set to high, and settings such as bloom,dynamic shadows are set to yes

Thanks

Looking for a job

You could try forcing it on by modifying the config file.

Every topic I post in dies.

Thanks

"I just tried and got the same error for Physx in the launch settings, i doubt this is anything we control since its the game that is detecting our hardware, since this game came out awhile ago, I assume it just doesn't detect newer GPUs correctly." from nvidia (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/554842/gtx-670-is-considered-weak-for-batman-arkham-asylum-/)

Like Toomanyerrors said, you can change it in the ini files (Documents\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\BmGame\Config\bmengine.ini if you got the old one with gfwl, and \Documents\Square Enix\Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY\bmgame\config\bmengine.ini if you got the steam version) 

Search for PhysXLevel and change it to PhysXLevel=2 (this is the highest setting) and then save it and set it to read only.

And then you should have everything physx related (although not sure about the rigid bodies at the scarecrow levels, you used to have to download a rigid bodies physx patch for gtx 400 series for it to properly work, but not sure if they patched it in the later versions or the steam version)

cool, thanks @Flamewalker

Should've added i got the steam version

I'll look at changing that now

much appreciated.

Looking for a job

I just played through the game myself (Steam sale, anyone? :P). When I set the PhysX settings to max, i got that warning, but it stayed on max (or high, or whatever the game calls it, the highest one). I played a little, there seemed to me like there was some PhysX going on with the smoke and stuff like that, I checked in the settings menu after a couple of hours just to see, and it was still set to the same setting as I left it on... In other words, it worked nicely for me, it's just a warning saying you might get performance issues as it doesn't recognize your card. A 660 should be more than sufficient for that either way!

Edit: I guess what I'm trying to say here is: Have you tried playing the game with the high settings for PhysX? Because to me, you described a warning, not an error message.