Need help, pico or external+case help

Kyuubixchidori

Hello everyone! Right now I am planning a 3d printed itx case. So I was thinking pico power supply. But the issue is its still 3 inches tall and will leave a bundle of wires. This is OKAY, and at sub 50$ not a big deal. But. In the interest of going thinner and smaller, anyone know a way to use a external power supply? Similar to a laptop, and some prebuilt itx systems?

Powering a Pentium and gtx 750ti or 960. So 300-350 watts should be fine. Any suggestions?

Hello everyone! Right now I am planning a 3d printed itx case. So I was thinking pico power supply. But the issue is its still 3 inches tall and will leave a bundle of wires. This is OKAY, and at sub 50$ not a big deal. But. In the interest of going thinner and smaller, anyone know a way to use a external power supply? Similar to a laptop, and some prebuilt itx systems?

Powering a Pentium and gtx 750ti or 960. So 300-350 watts should be fine. Any suggestions?

A good 250W PSU is more than enough but try HD plex they have mini PCB PSU's that are power via a DC power jack:

http://www.hd-plex.com/fanless-ATX-power-supply

A good 250W PSU is more than enough but try HD plex they have mini PCB PSU's that are power via a DC power jack:

http://www.hd-plex.com/fanless-ATX-power-supply

Yeah was looking at that. Your looking 150$ just for power delivery though. Think I'm going pico power supply, some late midnight math it should fit in a original xbox case

Yeah was looking at that. Your looking 150$ just for power delivery though. Think I'm going pico power supply, some late midnight math it should fit in a original xbox case

Yes the Pico power supplies are also fairly good I have heard though from another member who was doing a NES PC build that it wasn't capable of delivering it's full rated wattage however compared to the HDplex which they switched to. 

It's around $85 for the 250W power supply.

Yes the Pico power supplies are also fairly good I have heard though from another member who was doing a NES PC build that it wasn't capable of delivering it's full rated wattage however compared to the HDplex which they switched to.

It's around $85 for the 250W power supply.

Micro center has a 350 watt pico for 40$, that should be plenty of headroom In case it falls short.

It's 85$ before the 12volt 18 amp power brick. Those get pricy as its pretty niche

Micro center has a 350 watt pico for 40$, that should be plenty of headroom In case it falls short.

It's 85$ before the 12volt 18 amp power brick. Those get pricy as its pretty niche

True you would need a fairly large regulated 12v power brick, I've seen some take an old xbox  power brick and cut into the 12V line to sustain a small PSU like that since those power bricks aren't too common.

How small of a case are you planning to place everything in?