Why does my computer freeze when loading bluetooth/wifi driver?

I will cover everything I did prior to this problem in cases something I did earlier messed it up.

I have a new build and everything was working perfect for two days. I loaded windows, was able to download all the drivers off the ASUS cd that came with my motherboard. I was even playing a couple games with no problems. Everything was going great.

Then the internet disconnected, and no networks could be found even though there is at least ten within range. I didn't think much of this at first so in the mean time I updated the bios from 804 to 1103 for the x99 deluxe.  I found out that in device manager that the "network driver wasn't working properly". I restored the computer to a date when the internet was working but that didn't do anything. Then I reinstalled windows and that did not fix anything either.

After reinstalling windows, I attemped to load the drivers that came with the X99 deluxe motherboard. All the drivers loaded except the Bluetooth 4.0/ WiFi Driver. When it gets to this driver windows freezes forcing me to restart the computer. After a few restarts like this I get the BSOD with error message "Whea_Uncorrectable_Error".

I have researched this message and tried doing some trouble shooting steps I found on the internet. I ran CHKDSC in the command prompt and no issues came up. I also did a memory test and no issues came up.

I currently just bought a 25ft ethernet cable so I could get connected to the internet. I did all the windows updates and still my computer freezes when I try loading the bluetooth/wifi driver. I also have also tried getting the latest version from the ASUS website and still it freezes.

What does this mean?

Why was I able to install this driver the first time not now?

What should I do now?

• 2 weeks later...

The exact same thing happened to me today. I was thinking it might be related to some 8.1 updates that I installed earlier today. But everything you mentioned above has happened to me and I can not seem to find a way around it.

The exact same thing happened to me today. I was thinking it might be related to some 8.1 updates that I installed earlier today. But everything you mentioned above has happened to me and I can not seem to find a way around it.

Reload the BIOS, that's what fixed my problem. What motherboard are you using? If it is an ASUS board make sure you use the "EZ FLASH" button and port on the rear IO. Let me know if you need anymore help!

Reload the BIOS, that's what fixed my problem. What motherboard are you using? If it is an ASUS board make sure you use the "EZ FLASH" button and port on the rear IO. Let me know if you need anymore help!

I have an asus x99 deluxe, and I used the flashback button on the rear and reflashed the most current bios and also the original bios that came with the board but both versions still caused it to hang whenever i tried to install the wifi driver

I have an asus x99 deluxe, and I used the flashback button on the rear and reflashed the most current bios and also the original bios that came with the board but both versions still caused it to hang whenever i tried to install the wifi driver

Damn, were you able to load the wifi driver at all? The only thing I did to fix the issue was plug a USB w/ BIOS 1103 into the green usb slot on the rear i/o that says flashback while the pc was powered off. Then I held the button that says "ez flash". It sounds like you might have done this but I would definitely try to reload the most current bios in this manner. I saw an ASUS video in which they said to only flash the bios in this manner, so maybe it does something different than loading it the traditional way IDK but it worked for me. Let me now your status 

I tried everything even using the latest bios with the EZ flashback method. I noticed my Crucial RAM is not supported for the mobo and sometimes RAM can cause driver errors. I already replaced the mobo but if happens again Im gonna replace the RAM.

I have a different mobo but which slots are your RAM in or is yours not listed as compatible with that board? My brand new build was working just fine until the internet kicked out as well. I went through all the stuff you did and removed and re-installed Windows twice. I moved the RAM to the recommended slots in the motherboard manual and she had a conniption so I returned them to the slots I originally had them in and when it restarted it popped up something about a failed overclocking but when Windows booted up I could download the driver again just fine. Hope that helps you with something although I have an ASUS Z97 PRO. My exact set of RAM is not in the manual on the list of compatible ones although there are ones of the same brand on there. I am considering buying a new set that is on the list.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried everything even using the latest bios with the EZ flashback method. I noticed my Crucial RAM is not supported for the mobo and sometimes RAM can cause driver errors. I already replaced the mobo but if happens again Im gonna replace the RAM.

Did the new MB fix the issue?