Pci to Pci bridge

Amnro789

As I wrote yesterday thinking about death this has been so bad.

My troubles continue with the PCIe M.2 2280 SSD on my Asus x99 Deluxe, meaning still does not recognize it.

So, I have installed windows 7 and I am up and running now.  Windows 8.1 gets itself confused and windows 7 much more stable it seems.  I put my M.2 into a normal PCI slot and windows came up and installed a Pci to Pci bridge.  I suppose this means the SSD must be working?  Or did windows just notice something in a PCI slot.  Like say I stuck a screw driver in a slot, nothing would happen but windows would notice?

I still am only at a crawl, but at least I have my computer running somewhat for now.  No Raid, no expensive SSD in M.2, and I have a Samsung Pro 850 lost in the pipe somewhere between here and CA.  I am up on a basic drive, still ssd, but all alone running by itself.

have you installed all the drivers of the asus website and does your BIOS recognise the M.2 ssd when plugged into the M.2 slot? And windows is recognising that an SSD is plugged and if you stuck a screwdriver windows would not notice.

Steve

Does not recognize the M.2 ssd in BIOS.  But Windows does seem to know something was plugged in, I wonder if I plugged the hyper card in with nothing in the slot would windows notice?

List out exactly which PCIe slot you are installing them in. Read the fine print on the Mobo for each slot and its capabilities/options and possible BIOS settings to have it active. Some boards suck at PCIe as in if you use certain slots the others are disabled or at less of a bandwidth. If you OC it also restricts PCIe lanes so read up on your spec.'s options of your full config in the manual for the mobo.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I have come to the conclusion that I have a bad card.  Nothing else seems to help.  I have read reviews and almost all say it is plug and play.  But I have looked in the bios for something to manuelly turn it on and there seems to be nothing of the sort.  I have installed all the driver updates I can, meaning bios flash and other drivers.  Sata, raid, AHCI.  I have done all I can except the right thing.  I guess being new this can be very tricky.  Everytime I build a new pc, something happens, this just happens to be it this time.  It can never be easy for some reason.

Cutting edge is bloody.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.