Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okay so i added up how much money i will probably have to spend after i sell some stuff and get all settled up and it equals about a bit more than $700.. what is the absolute BEST PC i could build in that price range? i have a monitor, a headset, and an old kbm set from a prebuilt i took apart (will upgrade kbm later) the PC must ne able to run games like pubg medium-high settings 1080p while streaming and gaming. i also need it to be able to play rainbow six siege, csgo, minecraft (with realistic shaders) and modded gta 5 all at over 60fps (not dropping below 60fps) while recording... i will mostly be gaming at 1080p on medium-high settings.. i also wanna do game development on UE4

streaming / recording will be done with OBS, i am okay with used parts, case is not necessary, must be quiet enough so that nobody can hear my pc while recording/ streaming.... also a 2tb hdd? maybe 250gb ssd?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

ryzen 5 1600/2600, graphics depend on whether you would like 8gb of ram or 16gb, because you might not be able to fit a 1060 in with 16gb of ram.

I might not know what I'm talking about but I'm gonna say it anyways

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig: Gigabyte Aero 15W v8-BK4 15"

CPU: Intel i7 8750-H 6-core

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4 2666 mHz

Storage: 512 m.2 nvme ssd

GPU: GTX 1060 6gb

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry Mx Silent

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB, Steelseries Rival 600 

Headset: Philips SHP 9500 + Sennheiser hd598

Dac/Amp: Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

1070 off eBay

ram > graphics performance imo, especially if he wants to stream a 1060gb might fit better if you can fit 16gb in too

Just now, hconverse02 said:

ram > graphics performance imo, especially if he wants to stream

why's that?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

why's that?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nTkRRJ Cause 16gb of ram is more convenient and you can have more applications open, and if he just needs 1080p mid, then a 1060 will do enough.

2 hours ago, fasauceome said:

what about a 1060 6gb? a bit cheaper but still great performance... or is the 1070 worth it in the long run because i dont wanna upgrade “too” much within the next 2 or 3 years

2 hours ago, hconverse02 said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nTkRRJ Cause 16gb of ram is more convenient and you can have more applications open, and if he just needs 1080p mid, then a 1060 will do enough.

thats quite a bit over my budget though..

4 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

what about a 1060 6gb? a bit cheaper but still great performance... or is the 1070 worth it in the long run because i dont wanna upgrade “too” much within the next 2 or 3 years

The 1060 will last 3 years IMO, there will only be one generation to replace i in that time. 

6 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

I don't think it would make that big a difference, and ram is also more upgrade potential than a graphics card, as a minor consideration going forward

Primary PC:

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

7 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

thats quite a bit over my budget though..

$715 versus a $700 budget? 

2 hours ago, fasauceome said:

I don't think it would make that big a difference, and ram is also more upgrade potential than a graphics card, as a minor consideration going forward

thats true.. i think i will stick with 8gb ram and a 1070 because RAM is on the cheaper side and i can just add on.. but if i get a new GPU later, i might not have anything to do with the 1060 except sell it but then i risk LOSING money.. which i dont like to do

2 hours ago, hconverse02 said:

$715 versus a $700 budget? 

sorry for double post we posted at the same time lol

but no, the list is $790 ($715 with main in rebates) but i do not wanna get my hopes up with it because im always told “dont expect them to always work”

so i normally dont include mail in rebates in the price

1 minute ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

think i will stick with 8gb ram and a 1070 because RAM is on the cheaper side and i can just add on

interestingly, ram prices are predicted to fall through 2019, so something to look forward to.

Primary PC:

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

interestingly, ram prices are predicted to fall through 2019, so something to look forward to.

i heard about that.. arent ssd prices supposed to drop as well?

1 minute ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

i heard about that.. arent ssd prices supposed to drop as well?

yeah everything that uses nand flash

Primary PC:

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

yeah everything that uses nand flash

i just read something about tarriffs increasing 

is this something to worry about?

Just now, iLostMyXbox21 said:

i just read something about tarriffs increasing 

is this something to worry about?

it's something to consider, but there;s no widespread impact yet. Although, it doesn't look good

Primary PC:

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

it's something to consider, but there;s no widespread impact yet. Although, it doesn't look good

i better hurry up and order my parrts then (hopefully around christmas if nothing bad happens)