DISPLAY PORT HELP NEEDED!!!

So I need some help. I have a MSI gaming laptop with a 1060gpu. It has a 60hz monitor which is good but I want to get a new external monitor. From my research, a display port cable is much better than HDMI. My laptop has a mini display port and I can’t find the best MINI DISPLAY PORT TO DISPLAY PORT CABLE!!  Need some help guys and girls!  I want the best because I am getting a gsync 240hz monitor. Want to get as much data as possible. And I prefer the highest Gen possible. 1.3 or 1.4 whatever is the newest with the best data rate. But it NEEDS to be mini to regular display port. Also prefer to not use an adapter. Thanks for any help!!  And I know I won’t get the full 240hz but it will be much higher than 60hz and the gsync will be much appreciated ??. Also this is the monitor I am thinking of getting.....

334E8362-659A-488D-8E66-2B3E42ADE18A.jpeg

5DA774AB-6825-4985-909C-4FEB8AA8EE20.jpeg

92E45232-A2A8-47F3-A541-3F7C1BFE5B02.jpeg

DE023279-D83C-4C87-9634-CA5CC3353AD2.jpeg

which gaming laptop?
might just be wired to iGPU because usually they have optimus setups (dGPU outputs to iGPU, iGPU outputs to display, instead of dGPU outputs to display), and so no gsync

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

21 hours ago, themctipers said:

which gaming laptop?
might just be wired to iGPU because usually they have optimus setups (dGPU outputs to iGPU, iGPU outputs to display, instead of dGPU outputs to display), and so no gsync

MSI GS63VR Stealth Pro.  I've been doing some research and many have said this laptop offers G-sync.  But I do know I need to use a display port cable to get the higher FPS.  It appears the GPU is wired directly so G-sync will work with an external monitor.  Am I wrong or correct in that?  Sorry for the late reply.  Didn't see the notification.  

4 hours ago, Glenwing said:

awesome thank you very much!!  I really appreciate that.  looks like 1.2 is what I need. 1920x1080 240hz. I won't hit the full 240hz but I will use the highest cable for that spec.  thanks again man!!