Mofi 4500 v2

RoGamer128

Hello! 

I recently just moved into a house that has no internet companies supporting the area, and I have to use the Mofi 4500 V2 router/modem (its both) to get internet service.

Setting that up was a breeze and it actually has really decent speeds. Me and my brother are using the Mofi mainly for gaming on the Xbox one and PC. This is where the problem begins.

With the Mofi since it runs off of a sim card on the AT&T network we have to use that as modem. But to use the Xbox and PC properly for gaming we need to have open NAT types. We found different options to try and get around it and we finally figured out how to do that, and achieved open NAT with a VPN service running on the Mofi. But since were using the VPN were no longer able to use Netflix or Hulu. When launching those stream services it says that our account is only available in the US.

Btw the way we had success getting open NAT's was using the Mofi 4500 as a modem and bridging to the Netgear XR500 wifi router to output the signal. to the rest of the house. Using the PureVPN service on the XR500 also isnt an ideal option for us as we have to flash the firmware on it to actually get it to accept Pure, or the recommended service Hide My Ass.

Additionally we have tried the purpose made netflix VPN server to run on the Xbox he uses for streaming video and it still didn't work for us. 

Setup:

Mofi 4500 V2 4G LTE with sim running on At&t network

Netgear XR500 wifi router