New System Build Help

Ashiok

I'm building a pc for my friend who has a budget of $700. He already has a GPU (970) and a 1 TB hdd.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make this list better?

yeah, don't get a overpayed quadcore. give me a while and i'll make you a proper build for your friend

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

yeah, don't get a overpayed quadcore. give me a while and i'll make you a proper build for your friend

Alright, please DM me once you finish. Much appreciated!

4 minutes ago, Ashiok said:

I'm building a pc for my friend who has a budget of $700. He already has a GPU (970) and a 1 TB hdd.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make this list better?

A cooler like the cryorig h5 or a be quiet will get better price per performance then an AIO

just an example what you can get for the price. if you want to add a cooler, don't do aio for that price, get a beefy air cooler

Personally, I would definitely not pay $300 for an i7-6700k. Either go with an 8th gen intel processor with that money, or get an i7-6700k used. $300 for i7 6700k just is not worth it imo at this point in time. You could go with an i5-8600k for around $260 with a Z370 Mobo

Desktop:  Intel Core i5-6400 | Zalman CNPS9500AT CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX 1050 SC GAMING 2GB | 1x8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX | Gigabyte H170N-WIFI | Intel 600p 256GB SSD | Seagate Firecuda 1TB SSHDCorsair CX450M (Gray Version) PSU | Thermaltake Core V1 Mini-ITX Case |

Or you could go with what LukeSavenije said, Ryzen is really good bang for the buck as well

Desktop:  Intel Core i5-6400 | Zalman CNPS9500AT CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX 1050 SC GAMING 2GB | 1x8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX | Gigabyte H170N-WIFI | Intel 600p 256GB SSD | Seagate Firecuda 1TB SSHDCorsair CX450M (Gray Version) PSU | Thermaltake Core V1 Mini-ITX Case |

2 minutes ago, PingPonguin said:

Personally, I would definitely not pay $300 for an i7-6700k. Either go with an 8th gen intel processor with that money, or get an i7-6700k used. $300 for i7 6700k just is not worth it imo at this point in time. You could go with an i5-8600k for around $260 with a Z370 Mobo

INtel is with the shortage really expensvie at the moment. Intel is a great gaming platform, but too high of a price rn

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

INtel is with the shortage really expensvie at the moment. Intel is a great gaming platform, but too high of a price rn

True, especially with the R5 2600 going for $160 you can OC and get some amazing bang for the buck, even if Ashiok spends some money for a decent air cooler

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018