Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weird problem. - Stuttering multiple displays

Alrighty, so. My power cut out last night, and is back on today.  I start up my PC, load up some Old School Runescape. Then I come back and my 2nd, and 3rd monitor are stuttering like mad. I'm using the Old School Runescape client to sort of help with troubleshooting. Whenever I full screen it, the lag/stuttering is absolutely insane. Then when I run it about 1/3 of the screen size, it's manageable. But it's still stuttering profoundly. I've been running this setup for over a year, and never had any issues like this until I started up my PC today.

I've restarted it a few times, and what I noticed is the first 5 minutes I think it's fixed, and everything's back to normal. Then it just eases in and next thing I know my screen is just going ape sh*t! I've completely unplugged my 3rd monitor at this point, just because I figure if the problem is going on with both of them. It's should be a 2 birds one stone ordeal to fix. I've messed with transparency settings in windows, about the only solutions I could find. 

Before asking; NO neither of these monitors are 144Hz, the 1st- a 1080P Hannspree, is running at 60Hz. And the second, a prehistoric 1280x720 Sony 20" is running at 59Hz. Like I said, this setup is not new at all, and I've been running it with no problems for a while. I'd suspect my GPU to be the culprit. But my 1st monitor- the hannspree is running flawlessly.

The second monitor 'calms down' at times. And quits stuttering, but any sudden movements and it's going ape sh*t instantly again. 

**EDIT** 

Forgot to mention, it's also started not turning my 2nd/3rd monitor on along startup. So this definitely has a direct correlation to my issue! As I said before, only using 1 & 2 right now. 1 is perfect, so... benchmark. Then 2, is...bad. I'm using it, but it's very annoying and epileptic shock inducing.. lol.

Thanks in advance fellas, cheers!

Edited by Spenlard

Try using different cables/ports on the monitor/pc first

R7 2700x (4.3ghz), Gtx Titan Xp Galactic Empire (Watercooled), 2x8 Gskill Trident 3200mhz, Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi, Corsair 900D, SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 256gb, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, 4x3tb 7200rpm Segate Barracudas in Raid 10 EKWB Custom Loop, Corsair AX1500i Power supply

3 minutes ago, SwingLifeAway92 said:

Try using different cables/ports on the monitor/pc first

Ah, forgot to mention I've tried a few different cable setups.

THIS IS INSANE GUYS. 

I messed with everything a ton, whole 9 yards alright? I now have the cables swapped. The 1st monitor is buzzing, stuttering, goin crazy.

Then I went in AMD Radeon settings and turned Virtual Super Resolution off, and it switched to my other monitor. Now my 2nd monitor is stuttering, and my 1st monitor is perfect. I'm exactly where I started lol. So is this possibly a driver related issue? Amongst my troubleshooting I've installed the newest drivers etc. Didn't seem to make any different, but now it's seeming more of a software related matter. Which is really odd to me..

I must mention, my gpu has seen some shit.

To describe the 'stuttering' more. I'd say it's like a horizontal line, that goes from top down on the monitor. Then when it gets to the very bottom, it starts at the top again.