buying a 660ti

Moharmate

I'm looking at upgrading from a galaxy 560 slim to a more recent 660ti but i cant chose between the Asus 660ti DirectCU II OC or the MSI 660ti Poweredition OC. The site that i would be buying them from ( i live in AUS) has them at the same price. http://www.scorptec.com.au/computer/search/?keyword-m=660ti

I have read reviews and what not and I can't tell a big discernible difference between the two.

I'm not a complete noob when it comes to computers I'm just not sure which one to get any help would be greatly appreciated. And yes I will be overclocking them but nothing to crazy.

2600K, GTX780, 16Gb 1600mHz, 120Gb vertex 3 boot, 500Gb 840 series games, 2x2Tb segate green 1 backup 1 media storage 

If the difference isn't big to you then you might as well make a choice based on aesthetics IMO, and no matter what you say you will end up going all the way with OCing no matter what you tell yourself.

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

I'd go with ASUS since MSI has withdrawn their triple overvoltage ones from the shelf but than again I'm a bit of an ASUS fanboy.

Either way you get good temps from both cards even when you overclock them and you won't regret it if you chose one over the other.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

I would go with the MSI.

Below is a video by linus showing the benefits of the power edition card, and although it has been watered down since then, it is still VERY overclockable and a very good card.

CPU i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 RAM 16GB Patriot Somthingortheother GPU XFX 7870 GHz Edition Case Corsair Vengeance C-70 Black Storage 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k + 1tb Seagate HDD PSU Corsair HX650  

Displays 2 old 1080p Acer and Samsung ones Cooling Corsair H60

† TTCF Member †

Thanks for the help I think that I will go with the MSI card as it has some feature that the ASUS card doesn't and look of the twin frozr cooler.

2600K, GTX780, 16Gb 1600mHz, 120Gb vertex 3 boot, 500Gb 840 series games, 2x2Tb segate green 1 backup 1 media storage 

I have the MSI 660ti and it is fantastic! Even after unlocking the Bios and hitting over 1300Mhz the card stay around 60-65C

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers