need help fixing AW m14x

I have an Alienware m14x r3 that isn't posting.  It is driving me insane trying to figure out why it won't post.  When i turn it on i get one of two outcomes.  Either I get a beep code for CPU (7times) or no beep code and all the RGB lights up and it even detects if it is plugged in or on battery.  The CPU fan will eventually turn on and then turn off eventually.  The screen doesn't appear to be broken but a new screen didn't fix anything, even an external display doesn't show anything.  I also have to add that both of my Alienware laptops won't post or show BIOS on separate monitors, kinda weird, they only display to an external monitor when it boots into something.  I sent off the motherboard for repair and got it back still "broken"  the place said that it posted for them but I tried it in the same state they sent it to me and got no post.  So now I'm starting to think it may be the CPU or GPU.  The heat pipes get to about 62C even though it's not posting, also wifi card gets quite hot.  That makes me think its a fried CPU but I'm not sure.  A new CPU is about $70 for it and at least its socketed so it would be easy to do. 

Any ideas on what I should also try? Or does a fried CPU not sound right?

7 beep indicated CPU problem. CPU rarely failed unless you overclocked. So probably the motherboard. Where did you sent it and they could post? Did they send you a picture or something that showed it post? I know some places that if the laptop is "too hard" to repair or is not worth the time they will say "cant fix it" or " everything is fine"

Some steps you can try

Remove plug and battery hold the power button down for 30 second to a minute or longer.

Change the CMOS battery.

52 minutes ago, TLCH723 said:

7 beep indicated CPU problem. CPU rarely failed unless you overclocked. So probably the motherboard. Where did you sent it and they could post? Did they send you a picture or something that showed it post? I know some places that if the laptop is "too hard" to repair or is not worth the time they will say "cant fix it" or " everything is fine"

Some steps you can try

Remove plug and battery hold the power button down for 30 second to a minute or longer.

Change the CMOS battery.

yep tried to reset CMOS already and it didnt help.  I forget what the place was called that i sent it to though.  They didnt even send me a picture or tell me what was "wrong" with it which is why im pretty sure they did nothing.  I just dont know if i should start by replacing the MB or CPU first.

You can try turn the computer on and then wrap a blanket around it. It will warm up the computer and hopefully melt the solder on the motherboard and fix whatever the problem.

Finding another motherboard is going to be tricky and is it really worth the time and money for a 6/7(?) years old laptop? That is your call. Yes it is probably cheaper but how long will it last? Personally I would just save up and buy another computer.