Migrate OS to ssd problem

marcemarc30
Go to solution Solved by TheGlenlivet,
14 minutes ago, marcemarc30 said:

Hi guys

I have just installed a samsung 860 evo 500gb to my pc, i have transfered everything successfully from my hdd to my new ssd using samsung data migration software but how do i make it boot from my ssd instead of my hdd?? i am using windows 10, whats the simplest way to do this??

I have added a screen shot of my disk manager and my storage setting but i not really to sure what it should look like but that dont look right to me lol

Thanks for any help

2018.08.20-18.23.png

Go to BIOS and switch the boot order so the SSD is first.  If you are sure you have everything moved over to the SSD, format teh HDD and give it a new drive letter.

Hi guys

I have just installed a samsung 860 evo 500gb to my pc, i have transfered everything successfully from my hdd to my new ssd using samsung data migration software but how do i make it boot from my ssd instead of my hdd?? i am using windows 10, whats the simplest way to do this??

I have added a screen shot of my disk manager and my storage setting but i not really to sure what it should look like but that dont look right to me lol

Thanks for any help

2018.08.20-18.23.png

14 minutes ago, marcemarc30 said:

Hi guys

Thanks for any help

2018.08.20-18.23.png

Go to BIOS and switch the boot order so the SSD is first.  If you are sure you have everything moved over to the SSD, format teh HDD and give it a new drive letter.

9 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Well that was very helpful, it work first time :) so thanks

Can i wipe the OS of my hdd or would i best just to leave it on there??

Thanks

1 minute ago, marcemarc30 said:

Well that was very helpful, it work first time :) so thanks

Can i wipe the OS of my hdd or would i best just to leave it on there??

Thanks

I'd wipe, so as to avoid confusion.