Troubleshooting random PC shut downs

CluelessGamer

I would like to know if there is a way to troubleshoot my PC's shutdowns.

When I stop using my PC, I put it into hibernation mode. And from time to time, my system crashes/shutdowns or whatever on games or during general use. For no apparent reasons. I was playing The Witcher 2 today and all of a sudden my whole PC froze. I had some tutorials open on my second monitor and it went completely black. My keyboard didn't register any keystrokes. Fans inside the PC started spinning louder. When this happens, I just click reset button. It solves the problem but this happens from time to time, I could say it's happened 3 - 5 times this month alone.

At the time of the most recent shut down, my PC had been running for about 5 days 12 hours (it counts even in hibernation). No error codes are presented.

My PC is drawing its power from wall socket rather than from an extension cord.

My PC specs

R5 1600 stock everything

x370 pro

16GB DDR4 3200mhz RAM (running at 2133mhz) CL 14

GTX 1080 Ti

Seasonic 760 W platinum psu

I'd appreciate any help that could move me forward in my investigations.

16 hours ago, CluelessGamer said:

I would like to know if there is a way to troubleshoot my PC's shutdowns.

When I stop using my PC, I put it into hibernation mode. And from time to time, my system crashes/shutdowns or whatever on games or during general use. For no apparent reasons. I was playing The Witcher 2 today and all of a sudden my whole PC froze. I had some tutorials open on my second monitor and it went completely black. My keyboard didn't register any keystrokes. Fans inside the PC started spinning louder. When this happens, I just click reset button. It solves the problem but this happens from time to time, I could say it's happened 3 - 5 times this month alone.

At the time of the most recent shut down, my PC had been running for about 5 days 12 hours (it counts even in hibernation). No error codes are presented.

My PC is drawing its power from wall socket rather than from an extension cord.

My PC specs

R5 1600 stock everything

x370 pro

16GB DDR4 3200mhz RAM (running at 2133mhz) CL 14

GTX 1080 Ti

Seasonic 760 W platinum psu

I'd appreciate any help that could move me forward in my investigations.

First and foremost, start using a surge protector just in case.

20 dollars for a power bar to protect your expensive gaming machine is more than worth it.

Anyways, we'll need more info.

Go into your reliability history (press start, type reliability history) and find the date where this last happened and double click on any red or yellow warnings from that time.. then copy and paste what they say here.

Thanks, I'm going to buy check out local stores tomorrow or order one online.

My Windows is in finnish so I'll do my best translation to english: http://prntscr.com/jjm52l

Steam Client Bootstrapper - Stopped responding and was closed (A problem discontinued program's datatransfer with Windows)

Windows - Windows was not closed properly (Previous system shut down 15.20.16, 17.5.2018 was unexpected)

Windows - Windows stopped working  (The computer has been restarded for an error check. Error check:

0x0000001a (0x0000000000041793, 0xfffff3813b20c178, 0x0000000000000003, 0x0000000000000002). Vedoksen tallennuspaikka: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Raportin tunnus: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000.