Pre-BIOS update checklist

Go to solution Solved by normpearii,

All I do is make sure my UPS is fully charged (Battery fully charged on laptops), check to make sure there are no obvious power issues (nearby thunderstorms, solar flare, working down the street), then I just do it.

I feel it's a lot harder to mess up a BIOS update nowadays than it used to be.

Hello!  Thank you for taking your time out of your day to help a guy out on this one!

I didn't really know where to ask this question, so I supposed the troubleshooting sections was the best bet.

Anyways I have a few questions on what I should do before I update my BIOS: (I looked around and I couldn't find anything)

1) Should I unplug everything but a mouse, keyboard and monitors before I update?

2) Should I write down all my BIOS settings before I update? (saw that in a video just wanted to make sure it was worth my time)

3) Any other tips you have on BIOS updates are greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time and help!

All I do is make sure my UPS is fully charged (Battery fully charged on laptops), check to make sure there are no obvious power issues (nearby thunderstorms, solar flare, working down the street), then I just do it.

1 minute ago, normpearii said:

Alright man thanks for the quick response!