Help on my build?

Andre L

Recently my friend helped me with choosing parts for my computer. Im new to this, so I left everything up to him. Im just wondering if theres any faults/incompatibilities that could happen. Will it overheat? how will i get Windows 10 OS? please help. Links Below, thanks.   Edit: Will windows 10 prevent viruses by its self, by not clicking suspicious ads etc? Or do I need to buy a prevention system?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

31 minutes ago, Andre L said:

Recently my friend helped me with choosing parts for my computer. Im new to this, so I left everything up to him. Im just wondering if theres any faults/incompatibilities that could happen. Will it overheat? how will i get Windows 10 OS? please help. Links Below, thanks.   Edit: Will windows 10 prevent viruses by its self, by not clicking suspicious ads etc? Or do I need to buy a prevention system?

The link you posted doesn't take us to your parts list, you need to share the Permalink with us:

Spoiler

image.png.31d601b44a23f0ec147b17bc68bc82dd.png

I can't help you much more without your partlist, but I can tell you how to get Windows 10:

You can get it from either Microsoft's Web Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-windows-10?step=OSresultsHome

Or by buying a CD from a retailer such as Micro Center or Fry's Electronics.

Windows 10 does have some antivirus protection through Windows Defender. I personally don't use anything else for internet security other than browser extensions and common sense.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 minutes ago, Andre L said:

i posted the link, why didnt it work? i can type it again, i just want to be sure im doing everything right. This is my first time ever doing something like this. @Crunchy Dragon

Posting the link "pcpartpicker.com/list" takes a given user to their current partlist. The Permalink takes us to your partlist.

If I were to post pcpartpicker.com/list, it would take you to your partlist. However, if I was to post "pcpartpicker.com/list/wP6VYT", it would take you to my partlist.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

On first glance at that build one thing I'd recommend is adding an SSD for the operating system (Windows) to work from. This will drastically improve performance. 

Parts look compatible to me. That motherboard is quite small compared to the case you've chosen, so it will look a bit funny but should work just fine. Keep in mind the case already has 2 fans included, in the front and rear. The 2 fans you've added will have to be installed either on the top or side (there are 4 additional 120mm fan slots), but they aren't required, 2 fans should do just fine. 

PC: i7-6700k, GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe, 1TB SSD, 2x U2715H

VM Server (Proxmox): E5-1650v3, 64GB DDR4, 128GB NVMe, 1TB SSD, Intel X540-T2 10GbE

NAS: 2x Synology DS1817+, 16x 8TB Seagate IronWolf, 2x Intel X540-T1 10GbE 

can i keep one of the additional fans i added? i want to be sure it wont overheat. But other than that, is everything good? :D

@Mmore okay so is there a motherboard i can get, thats not too small? i dont wanna spend a lot more, but im open to ideas

5 minutes ago, Andre L said:

@Mmore okay so is there a motherboard i can get, thats not too small? i dont wanna spend a lot more, but im open to ideas

I'd skip the cooler, fans and get a few cheaper parts for a B350 board and maybe an ssd.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Of course you can, it's your PC, do with it whatever makes you happy! I have 6-7 fans in my system and I'm pretty sure 2 would have been plenty. 

The motherboard is fine, keep it unless you plan to overclock (not possible to CPU clock with this board). The reason I mentioned the size is because you chose a case with a window so you might want things to look good, the small motherboard inside the big case will fit just fine but it might look funny. If you care then have a look at the MSI - B350, it is an ATX board, so quite a bit larger, but also comes with the B350 chipset instead of A320, which is more feature rich (gives the option to overclock).  I don't think there are any A320 boards that aren't micro-ATX. 

PC: i7-6700k, GTX 1070, 32GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe, 1TB SSD, 2x U2715H

VM Server (Proxmox): E5-1650v3, 64GB DDR4, 128GB NVMe, 1TB SSD, Intel X540-T2 10GbE

NAS: 2x Synology DS1817+, 16x 8TB Seagate IronWolf, 2x Intel X540-T1 10GbE 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($87.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power - Slim S55 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($62.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($218.90 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 3.1 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($26.99 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: Redragon - K552-R KUMARA Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($33.99 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Redragon - Centrophorus M601 Wired Optical Mouse  ($11.99 @ Amazon) 
Headphones: SteelSeries - 7h  Headset  ($21.00 @ Amazon) 
Total: $767.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-17 21:39 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

@herman mcpootis the price seems the same, idk about the mouse and keyboard but thats okay. Will everything fit together?

13 minutes ago, Andre L said:

@herman mcpootis the price seems the same, idk about the mouse and keyboard but thats okay. Will everything fit together?

you'll have to deal with abit more rebate forms, but assuming everything works out the price will be around the same. it'll fit.

okay i have a quick question @herman mcpootis. okay so i know you added an extra storage onto the build i had before. i changed the mouse and keyboard to some others, and now i just wonder if the storage was needed? its an extra 60$ but if its needed, then im okay with it. 

1 minute ago, Andre L said:

okay i have a quick question @herman mcpootis. okay so i know you added an extra storage onto the build i had before. i changed the mouse and keyboard to some others, and now i just wonder if the storage was needed? its an extra 60$ but if its needed, then im okay with it. 

the 240gb ssd will help improve responsiveness alot as a boot drive.

okay thanks, ill order pieces tomorrow, are there any "similar" youtube video tutorials?