What compromises should I make?

ReyazJunior

So I am making a new gaming PC, with a budget of 3 lakh INR. I was initially going for a liquid cooling system in the TT Core P5 with a 480 XE rad and soft tubing. This way I was being left with enough money for two MDR 7506 or a single AKG K550. If I go for an air-cooled system with a better motherboard for a better air-cooled VRM and a triple fan GPU (instead of a GOU with preinstalled water block), as well as a Noctua NH-D15S for the CPU, I save loads of money, allowing me to get a bad ass (sorry) high end open back headphone setup, while also allowing me to get the Acer Predator Z35P in place of the Samsung C34F791. If you guys say, that if I compromise on CPU (i5-8600K instead of i7-8700K) and GPU (GTX 1080 instead of GTX 1080 Ti) I don't know how much I will save, but definitely it will be a load of money, allowing me to go bonkers on audio and peripherals and monitors. 

What do you say? Downgrade my system? Make it an air cooled one? Keep it liquid cooled?

Don't even go for an Intel system and save a lot of money. New Ryzen CPU's are being announced in the next couple of weeks. And a good air cooler will compete very well with water cooling, often for cheaper and with less potential issues if something were to go wrong.

5 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

Don't even go for an Intel system and save a lot of money. New Ryzen CPU's are being announced in the next couple of weeks. And a good air cooler will compete very well with water cooling, often for cheaper and with less potential issues if something were to go wrong.

Seeing that i find very less X370 motherboards from ASUS, i doubt a quality one will come from there. If 12 cores at 5.1 GHz become a reality (which they won't), i will definitely get a high clock speed 8- or 10-core Ryzen, with a high-end X370 motherboard. As for air cooling, i will then use a Noctua NH-D15S for the CPU, and get an MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X Trio. A high-end X370 motherboard from MSI perhaps? I suppose i will save loads of money for a G-Sync ultra wide and quality audio gear. 

10 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

And a good air cooler will compete very well with water cooling, often for cheaper and with less potential issues if something were to go wrong.

I might not get the open air frame TT Core P5, and opt for something like the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M SE, for more airflow and a more normal look. But i think open air frames are still better for high-end air cooling. What do you say?

With any high end Intel CPU, you are going to need serious cooling, so go for the best you can get and the best airflow you can get. You do realize though that you won't be able to upgrade from an 8700k? There is no upgrade path. Whereas with the new Ryzen CPUs, which are being announced in a couple of weeks time, you can just put them straight into any existing board with a BIOS update.

Just now, johnukguy said:

With any high end Intel CPU, you are going to need serious cooling, so go for the best you can get and the best airflow you can get. You do realize though that you won't be able to upgrade from an 8700k? There is no upgrade path. Whereas with the new Ryzen CPUs, which are being announced in a couple of weeks time, you can just put them straight into any existing board with a BIOS update.

Will something like X470 be announced? I might opt for a new Ryzen 2 motherboard. As for all air cooling information i listed above, it applies for my possible X470/Ryzen 2 system. But i heard they Ryzen 2 is far off? And that new Ryzen CPUs are actually refreshes of the original Ryzen series?

Can you mention some good high end X370 motherboard from MSI which comes in the premium line so that it has the best air cooled VRM?

If you swallow all the bullshit that certain brands automatically equate to being better, or that the most expensive parts are always the best, then sure, but the fact is that it is bullshit. Some boards from MSI are good, some are not good. The same with any other manufacturer. It's not about spending the most money on certain brands but finding out what is most efficient and cost effective for what you want to do. Until you get that, nothing that most here will recommend is liable to make mean much to you.

2 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

If you swallow all the bullshit that certain brands automatically equate to being better, or that the most expensive parts are always the best, then sure, but the fact is that it is bullshit. Some boards from MSI are good, some are not good. The same with any other manufacturer. It's not about spending the most money on certain brands but finding out what is most efficient and cost effective for what you want to do. Until you get that, nothing that most here will recommend is liable to make mean much to you.

Well, well. But i was thinking to a single brand whether EVGA, MSI, ASUS, or ASRock, to get RGB synchronization. 

My suggestion would be to concentrate on function first, forget labels and brands, look first at what it is that you want to do with the system. Then look at form, so things like RGB afterwards, and tailor your decision according to a balance between the two.

Thanks for your help! I will spend some hours tonight thinking of this. I will not forget your help. ??