Cannot Change Memory Frequency Afterburner

I got a Fury X new about 18 months ago and only just recently decided to mess around with overclocking it. I'm somewhat of an amateur at overclocking graphics as I only ever messed around with it once before on my old 7970. I am overclocking using Afterburner. For some reason I can change all of the settings on the card including memory but when I hit the apply button it just defaults back to 500MHz. This does not happen for any of the other settings all of which I can change and they will apply successfully. I am on Radeon software version 17.11.2 and Afterburner version 4.4.0. I also just updated the bios on my card to the latest official bios which didn't solve the problem. Also I know that the fury x is not meant to be a wonderful overclocker but I am having trouble getting it to run at even 1160Mhz core clock. Any information from somebody who is familiar with fury x overclocking is appreciated as I'm not able to find much information as to what voltage is safe to run or why afterburner cannot overclock my memory.

8 hours ago, dragonhart6505 said:

Change Standard MSI to Extended MSI or Third Party in the Settings menu

I tried that and it didn't seem to have any effect.

The fruy x was the first card with HBM memory and amd locked away the funcionality to overclock it... I am not sure weather they further locked it so that you cant trick the driver.

2 hours ago, joe_clark said:

I tried that and it didn't seem to have any effect.

Did you also check "Extend Overclocking Limits"?

I know in recent driver updates and Afterburner updates they have locked away certain features previously available. However making the changes I described did unlock my RX 460 memory clocks that were recently locked down for my card since 17.10.1, which I am currently running.

All else fails, fall back to 17.7.1 as that's actually the best driver for AMD available from what I've experienced and been researching. There's little to no difference in performance between 17.7 - 17.11 drivers from what I've been experiencing