GPU Driver makes text almost unreadable?

hi everyone,

Just wondering if someone would be able to lend me any knowledge on this issue as it's quite frustrating and I really have no idea where to even begin to try and fix it.

I'm running an asus amd radeon 290 and I just recently reinstalled windows 10 (this is like a secondary computer) and I noticed that before windows installs the gpu driver the text looks fine. But once the driver is installed, the text immeadiately becomes grainy, out of focus and hard to read. This occurs on any monitor (all hdmi) and at any resolution (typically 1080p, but it even happens on 4k). I've attached two pictures below of the before and after. If I then disable the driver and restart, the text looks fine again. So clearly this has to be something to do with the driver, or amd in general (my other pc is rocking a 1080ti with no issue)

Thanks in advance for any help

after:

after 2.jpg

after.jpg

before:

before.jpg

Yeah sorry, the first pic was before I changed overscan. But second pic is with the scaling right, but still has the weird text

and the moitor is just some generic display, nothing fancy. But the issue occurs regardless of what monitor is being used

Maybe the driver's doing something weird with cleartype

Primary: CPU Core i7-4790K  |  MOBO Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H   |  RAM 24GB Crucial DDR3-1600 CL9  |  GPU XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition  |  CPU Cooler Thermaltake Frio Silent 14  |  Case Cooler Master N400  |  PSU Corsair CXM 750 Watt |  Boot Drive 500GB Samsung 850 Evo  |  Storage 500GB WD Laptop HDD + 2TB Toshiba HDD + 250GB WD Laptop HDD + 250GB WD Laptop HDD + 4TB WD Blue HDD  |  Monitor Acer XG270HU  |  Secondary Monitor Nixeus VUE-24  |  Tertiary Monitor Sony SDM-HS53  |  OS Windows 10

Secondary: (down for maintenance) CPU Core 2 Quad Q9300  |  MOBO (Asus P5N-E arriving soon)  |  RAM 8GB DDR2-800  |  GPU Visiontek Radeon R9 270  | CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper T2  |  Case Rajintek Arcadia  |  PSU EVGA 500 BV  |  Boot Drive 240GB PNY SSD  |  Storage 120GB Seagate PATA HDD  |  Removable Drives Sony PATA DVD RW Drive + 3.5 inch Floppy Drive  |  Monitor HP S2031  |  OS Windows 10

Well I tried turning cleartype off and on and tried different profiles, but it still looks terrible. I read somewhere that it could have been a chroma subsampling issue and that amd may have been using a 4:2:2 format instead of the superior 4:4:4, but when I checked it is using 4:4:4. So I really have no idea why it does this