CPU running really high when it shouldn't

legoes31

I have been playing and streaming Star Wars Battlefront II beta for a long time with great FPS, but at some point, it started to get quite laggy. I just figured that it's because it's a more intensive game and maybe it can't handle it as well. It was pushing the CPU all the way to 100% After the beta finished I went back to playing and streaming Minecraft.  my computer is extremely strong and is able to handle Minecraft but it beginning to crumble and I was only getting 20 FPS (Without streaming I have been getting about 40 FPS, still not that great).

important computer parts that I think you might need to know:

CPU: I5-6600K

GPU: GTX 1060 gaming of republic

Motherboard:  z170 gaming

I thought that I might have a virus on my computer so I did multiple scans with Norton but it did not detect anything.  the CPU has been running about 50% then all the tasks combined. If I have  Minecraft at 20% with a few applications open like a couple browsers and then normal pieces stuff what should add up to about 26 or so it's the CPU will be at 45%.  I have absolutely no idea What is happening and a bit worried that I might have a virus on my computer.

If anyone could help me out that would be fantastic.

Image 1.png

Image 2.png

Try disable or uninstall that Java thing, it eats up lots of memory and CPU

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 minute ago, ZM Fong said:

Try disable or uninstall that Java thing, it eats up lots of memory and CPU

I kind of need Java to run Minecraft…  and it was doing the same thing when I was playing Star Wars Battlefront II  I just didn't get any screenshots of it.

How much system memory do you have?

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

10 hours ago, Hybris5112 said:

How much system memory do you have?

I do believe that system memory and RAM are basically the same thing and I have 16 GB

15 hours ago, legoes31 said:

I do believe that system memory and RAM are basically the same thing and I have 16 GB

Sorry old habit from helping too many non tech people. As for your issue I would first hunt down what's taking up so much memory even if it means line by line checking and shutting down of background programs. After that if things don't get better then look directly at CPU hogs out of what programs might be left after the first purge.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."