120mm Case Fans, what should i get?

mads243

I have been looking for some new case fans since now i feel that i wanted a quiet gaming pc, i have been looking at the Noctua NF-S12A. My only problem is that there are 3 different types of NF-S12A, there is the FLX, ULN and PWM, which one should i get. Also is there another fan you guys would recommend, i am mainly looking at the noctua fans because linus recommends them and because there are very quiet.

Yea,,, Noctuas are great but the NF-S12 are a little bit outdated. If you're not going to lower the voltage, get the AP120 Quiet Ed from Corsair because they're very quiet and move alot of air BUT they tick when you undervolt them. Otherwise, you might consider Gelid Wing, Bitfenix Spectre Pro or the amazing Gentle Typhoon AP-14. (AP-15 if you use them on a radiator)

Noctua NF-F12 are amazing all-around fans, best for radiator use but are still great at moving air and staying whisper quiet. If you don't mind the color of Noctua fans (I feel it's more of a prestige) then another great all around quiet fan is Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-14 (1450 rpm).

I also had this inquiry, and looking at youtube review i stumble upon Cooler Master Turbine Master MACH1.8 claiming 1.96mmH20 Air pressure, and also with Silverstone Air Penetrator, as well as SwiftTech Helix.

Any opinions on these fans?

I recommend Corsair AF120mm, Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPMs, Cougar Vortex 120mm PWM, Noctua NF-F12s, and Silverstone Air Penetrator 120mm,