Best multi-system retro console?

ono

I once had a FC Twin that played both NES and SNES carts using original SNES controllers. That's busted and I'm looking for something else that can run my carts. And maybe expand my options with MegaDrive/Genesis support, etc. I'm not particular if it is hardware or software emulation, but I do want to use the carts I've collected over the years. A ROM solution like putting together a RetroPie isn't of interest, as I already have my PC hooked up to the TV for PC gaming and could do emulation that way.

I'm aware of the Retron5. But since I've heard horror stories on how terribly built it is, I've never pulled the trigger on that. I've also heard of Retro Freak. But that's a Japanese product, so it would incur additional cost of getting a converter to play NES. That seems to be the best option I know of at the moment though.

We've had a Retron5 for awhile now and honestly I'm pretty happy with it.  Granted the included controller is garbage so definitely use OEMs but out of the 400+ carts we own I think maybe two or three had issues and the slot connectors seem to be holding up great. 

Just now, johnny5c said:

We've had a Retron5 for awhile now and honestly I'm pretty happy with it.  Granted the included controller is garbage so definitely use OEMs but out of the 400+ carts we own I think maybe two or three had issues and the slot connectors seem to be holding up great. 

How long have you had it? It's been out of awhile so perhaps the issues I've heard about (mostly dealing with the slot connectors, as you mentioned) is more on manufacturing issues of the early models early adopters got. And early adopter reviews are is basically all I see online.

8 hours ago, ono said:

How long have you had it? It's been out of awhile so perhaps the issues I've heard about (mostly dealing with the slot connectors, as you mentioned) is more on manufacturing issues of the early models early adopters got. And early adopter reviews are is basically all I see online.

It has to be going on two years now, our new house has all wall mounted LCDs and my wife basically put the ban on having any CRTs around so I bought the Retron.  My brother had a SNES slot fail on his Retron3 and had no problems getting them to repair it.