MXQ Android TV box no power

Steo

Not too sure if this is the right place but it's android which phones and tablets run and this is hardware related so if this is the wrong place I'm sorry. Anyway so I have this android box that refuses to power on. It's got a spring type switch on the top and the adaptor I'm using is giving out the required 5v. Now whatever is wrong with the box, as soon as I press the switch on the measured incoming voltage goes down to 1v and fluctuates up and down very slightly. Whatever is going wrong sounds like a short circuit somewhere. Does anyone know what type of component failing would cause this to happen when the power is on? I was thinking a diode but I'm not too sure tbh.

OS: LFS, Arch, Gentoo | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F | RAM: 16GB HyperX @ 3600MHz (OC)

GPU: XFX Thicc III Ultra RX 5700 XT | Case: Fractal Meshify C | Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe, 500GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD, 1TB HDD

PSU: BeQuiet 530W | Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer 240

• 11 months later...

I know this is a year later but your heat sink looks to have gotten really hot and slid off the chips and is laying across a diode. if you stil have it check all the heat sink is touching. then pull it off. clean the goop, cause you never know what they used and try booting again. if it works use some cpu  thermal paste or tape and put the heat sink back on. if you have really long skinny tye straps you can try clamping it down with that so it wont move again. or super glue and strong string.