Cooling

Hello guys,
I was wondering to upgrade my cpu cooling system. right now i have deepcool gammaxx 400 (air cooling)
I'm thinking of closed loop but what would be the best closed loop at the market today? i have a case that can support 2 140mm fan.

Also what is open loop water cooling? can i buy them on store?

I am planning to overclock. i7 6700k 
Thanks!

if I'm not mistaken open loop refers to a custom waterloop, that you have built yourself. that is quite expensive and difficult, so probably not worth it unless you are very enthousiastic. 

5 minutes ago, Ranz said:

Hello guys,
I was wondering to upgrade my cpu cooling system. right now i have deepcool gammaxx 400 (air cooling)
I'm thinking of closed loop but what would be the best closed loop at the market today? i have a case that can support 2 140mm fan.

Thanks!

If you are specifically hunting for a closed loop water cooler the Corsair h100i v2 is a very compelling option. 

Open loop water coolers can be acquired in most PC part stores

1 minute ago, stefanDB said:

if I'm not mistaken open loop refers to a custom waterloop, that you have built yourself. that is quite expensive and difficult, so probably not worth it unless you are very enthousiastic. 

Fortunately not, open loop is basically like a closed loop system except that extra radiators or so can be added later on so, it's essentially like an AIO but expandable. 

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

7 minutes ago, Ranz said:

Hello guys,

Thanks!

For gaming a simple AIO/closed loop is what you want. Costum watercooling/open loop is breaking your warranty to watercool one or more components.

Costum watercooling means that it costs more, if you break it you buy it but results if done properly are significantly better than on air.

If you just want to cool your CPU, get a really good AIO like Kraken x62 or H100i v2 :)

1 minute ago, stefanDB said:

closedandopenloop.jpg

1 minute ago, another random person said:

If you are specifically hunting for a closed loop water cooler the Corsair h100i v2 is a very compelling option. 

Open loop water coolers can be acquired in most PC part stores

Fortunately not, open loop is basically like a closed loop system except that extra radiators or so can be added later on so, it's essentially like an AIO but expandable. 

For starters of custom waterloop how much budget wood i need?

1 minute ago, MVPernula said:

For gaming a simple AIO/closed loop is what you want. Costum watercooling/open loop is breaking your warranty to watercool one or more components.

Costum watercooling means that it costs more, if you break it you buy it but results if done properly are significantly better than on air.

If you just want to cool your CPU, get a really good AIO like Kraken x62 or H100i v2 :)

closedandopenloop.jpg

You mean if i custom loop my cpu the warranty will be voided? :o

1 minute ago, Ranz said:

Get a closed loop, looks nice and is much easier to install without all the extra hassle of bleeding the system. 

Seemingly looks better compared to the open loop pictured above.

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

Just now, Ranz said:

You mean if i custom loop my cpu the warranty will be voided? :o

Not the CPU specifically, but costum watercooling often mean taking off stickers of warranty on GPU/RAM etc.

Costum watercooling on JUST the CPU is fine :)

2 minutes ago, Ranz said:

Costum watercooling is very hard, some enthusiasts stay away from it.

Wouldn't recommend it for a PC building novice. (don't know if you are one)

An AIO will suit you just fine in both looks and temps :)

I would recommend an AIO liquid cooler as it will keep the temperatures down when overclocking and it is easier to install. A custom water cooling loop would be great for extreme overclocking and keeping the temperatures down when under load as well as keeping the cpu from thermal throttling when overclocking. If your going to be overclocking your i7-6700k heavily, than a custom watercooled loop would be the ideal solution for a.keeping the temperatures down when under load and b.keeping the cpu from thermal throttling. If your not going to be overclocking your i7-6700k to the extreme, than an AIO would be ideal for easy installation and keeping the temperatures down when under load.

Okay thanks guys i will find Kraken x62 or H100i v2 if its available on near local store.