Ryzen 5 Build Help

TGVoid

Hello! I am in the process of purchasing parts for my rig, and I need help deciding on a few parts. I already own a Ryzen 5 1600, AB350 motherboard, a Kingston SSD, and a Zotac GTX 1050.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/EACreator1/saved/j3pP6h

First off, I've been looking at the Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 as a potential case for a while and I found it for $44.99 with a $10 rebate at Micro Center (link), making the total $38.70 with an 8.25% sales tax rate. However, I have the option to opt in for a SPEC-02 for $49.53. Which case should I purchase? Are there any other cases I should look into?

Second, I want to have the best RAM budget RAM possible as I've heard that it affects performance on Ryzen systems. I have found 16 GB of Corsair White LED RAM for $111.49 on Amazon, but it's currently out of stock. Micro Center does not have the same exact RAM, but I'm hoping they'll price match this instead.

I know this won't affect my system too much, but I'm mixed on whether to buy a Seagate 1 TB drive for $43.29 or pay $5 extra for a Western Digital HDD. I've had my 500 GB WD drive running non-stop for 4 years in my current rig, so I'm somewhat biased and would like more experienced PC users to choose for me.

Finally, I'd like to know which thermal paste is best for a CPU as I'd like to reapply it on my current rig and on a laptop.

That's all I would like to know for now. Thanks for the help!

Ryzen is picky when it comes to memory. Consult the motherboard's memory QVL (usually found on the support tab of the web page).Some memory manufacturers also offer motherboard QVL lists for their kits.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

6 minutes ago, brob said:

Ryzen is picky when it comes to memory. Consult the motherboard's memory QVL (usually found on the support tab of the web page).Some memory manufacturers also offer motherboard QVL lists for their kits.

I guess that rules out the LED RAM. In case I can't get the other RAM, is it recommended to buy RAM used? I found a 2400 MHz kit and I'm planning on shooting a $90 offer their way.

7 hours ago, TGVoid said:

I guess that rules out the LED RAM. In case I can't get the other RAM, is it recommended to buy RAM used? I found a 2400 MHz kit and I'm planning on shooting a $90 offer their way.

Unless you have to move right away, I would suggest waiting a bit. AMD and memory manufacturers are working on the issues. 

I'm not a fan of mixing used components with brand new.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.