PC just won't boot

dnf
Go to solution Solved by Gaurav S Rao,
2 hours ago, dnf said:

There is a light on the Mobo that lights up when it's plugged in. And when PSU is plugged into the wall the light is lit up. No fans spinning when 4pin is connected.

only the fans spin when the 4 pin is unplugged? Then probably a dead cpu,I know it is not as often/popular (:D) like a death of a motherboard,Did you reset the CMOS? 

So I just woke up and tried starting my PC... And when I pressed the power button nothing happened, no fans spinning, no sign that it even is plugged in. So I unplugged my PC and looked inside and checked all of the cables and for some reason the 4-pin for the CPU was unplugged, so I plugged it back in and tried to start my PC and nothing happend.

Although when the PSU is plugged in the little lights on the network port is flashing.

Specs in signature.

hi

7 minutes ago, dnf said:

So I just woke up and tried starting my PC... And when I pressed the power button nothing happened, no fans spinning, no sign that it even is plugged in. So I unplugged my PC and looked inside and checked all of the cables and for some reason the 4-pin for the CPU was unplugged, so I plugged it back in and tried to start my PC and nothing happend.

Although when the PSU is plugged in the little lights on the network port is flashing.

Specs in signature.

Do fans spin when the 4-Pin cable is plugged in? and IS the PSU switch on (if there is any),either CPU/motherboard is fried/CMOS battery died/PSU failed/or something else can be wrong like a device short circuiting,like a HDD/optical drive,where the PSU has no light when in the indicator,when the device is plugged in,acts as if there is no power from the wall,don't think im a idiot telling all this theory non-sense,it actually happened to my PC.

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

Reseat all components, I know its annoying but it solves issues sometimes. Next reset CMOS by taking out the battery. Report back.

Hows it going? If it's still not working you might have to start taking components out one by one until it boots. If you a have spare CPU power cable maybe it's worth trying that, but if you don't, it isn't worth going out of your way to buy one just yet.

49 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Do fans spin when the 4-Pin cable is plugged in? and IS the PSU switch on (if there is any),either CPU/motherboard is fried/CMOS battery died/PSU failed/or something else can be wrong like a device short circuiting,like a HDD/optical drive,where the PSU has no light when in the indicator,when the device is plugged in,acts as if there is no power from the wall,don't think im a idiot telling all this theory non-sense,it actually happened to my PC.

There is a light on the Mobo that lights up when it's plugged in. And when PSU is plugged into the wall the light is lit up. No fans spinning when 4pin is connected.

hi

2 hours ago, dnf said:

only the fans spin when the 4 pin is unplugged? Then probably a dead cpu,I know it is not as often/popular (:D) like a death of a motherboard,Did you reset the CMOS? 

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

21 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

I can't get the f*cking cmos battery out.

hi

Just now, dnf said:

I can't get the f*cking cmos battery out.

xD

There is a lever at one corner to pull behind,the battery should pop out,use a flat tip screw driver to remove the cmos battery from below it (apply pressure from the bottom)

5 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

There is a lever at one corner to pull behind,the battery should pop out,use a flat tip screw driver to remove the cmos battery from below it (apply pressure from the bottom)

No, there is not one lever. There are four plastic things holding it in.

hi

Just now, dnf said:

No, there is not one lever. There are four plastic things holding it in.

there should be corner which is a little out where you can put a screw driver to just pop it out (dont pop out the socket of the slot xD) 

15 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

there should be corner which is a little out where you can put a screw driver to just pop it out (dont pop out the socket of the slot xD) 

IMG_20170622_150159.jpg

hi

Just now, dnf said:

IMG_20170622_150159.jpg

You see that little metal tab at the top part of the holder when the case is standing on its feet,Where that plus sign is,just pull that metal tab away from the battery,the battery should automatically release from the holder

There are four plastic tabs holding the battery in.

hi

5 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

You see that little metal tab at the top part of the holder when the case is standing on its feet,Where that plus sign is,just pull that metal tab away from the battery,the battery should automatically release from the holder

Nothing happens

hi

Just now, dnf said:

There are four plastic tabs holding the battery in.

not those,do you see a metal tab there (below that plus sign?) just pull it behind,those plastic tabs dont matter,since they are to keep the battery in place,but when the metal tab is pulled,the CMOS battery should get out of the socket of the battery)

Literaly FFS this is annoying as f*ck,even though this is not the tutorial for how to diagnose the problem,it atleast shows how to remove/replace the battery

4 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Literaly FFS this is annoying as f*ck,even though this is not the tutorial for how to diagnose the problem,it atleast shows how to remove/replace the battery

I pulled the fucking lever and the better doesn't pop out.

hi

Just now, dnf said:

and the better doesn't pop out.

Nice English Bro,xD 

put a screwdriver from one sides  and press the lever at da same time,and youre good bro,if not,im jumping of a cliff

7 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Nice English Bro,xD 

put a screwdriver from one sides  and press the lever at da same time,and youre good bro,if not,im jumping of a cliff

Auto correct... *Battery

hi

11 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Nice English Bro,xD 

VID_20170622_152532.3gp

hi

Oh god,downloading 15MB on my slow 100kbps download speed internet,which is running even slower than 100kbps right now,50 kbps download speed,for gods sake

Got it ou

16 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Nice English Bro,xD 

Sorry for being retarded, but thanks it works now

hi