R7 370 PCIE riser issues

I am trying to set up my r7 370 to mine with but I am having a strange issue. When I have it plugged straight into the motherboard it works perfectly. I have a PCie riser card (1x to 16x) that I know works properly( tested with 2 other cards). When I try to use the riser with the r7 370 the bios won't even find the card. Any suggestions? My mobo is an ASUS x370-pro.

The riser is powered by molex and the r7 370 i have has a 6 pin on it anyway.

12 hours ago, jwacher said:

The riser is powered by molex and the r7 370 i have has a 6 pin on it anyway.

Have you tried swapping the molex or USB cables? A lot of risers come with pretty cheap molex cables and/or easily bent pins. 

19 minutes ago, 2bitmarksman said:

Have you tried swapping the molex or USB cables? A lot of risers come with pretty cheap molex cables and/or easily bent pins. 

I have. I also know that the riser works as I have used it with two other cards.

By chance have you tried swapping the riser? If you have and that doesn't work, then the only thing I can think of is some driver or BIOS firmware issue.

I have tried different risers. It won't even work with just a standard pcie 16x ribbon extension. I am just totally stumped. I updated my bios to the newest version as well.