Odd GPU/Display Adapter Issues

CurlyCucumber

Hi guys.

About an hour ago my monitor flickered/restarted like what happens when your GPU drivers crash, etc.

I then realized that for some reason I couldn't go into the "Display Adapter Properties" in the control panel, and I was unable to change the resolution, etc. I was also unable to launch any games due to the "Graphics card not being supported." But when I changed DVI ports, it worked fine. I regained access to the Display Adapter Properties, as well as resolution changes, etc. Games also worked after that.

So I figured it would be fine, maybe that certain DVI port went bad or something. But, when I updated my drivers to the latest version and restarted my PC, I again was unable to view the Display Adapter Properties, as well as launch any games. Thinking it was odd and curious to why this was happening, I switched DVI ports again, and this time the original one that I assumed was bad worked fine, but the "new" one didn't work. I figured out that if I restart the PC, the port I had the DVI cable plugged into wouldn't work, and I have to switch it.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I can't overclock my monitor like I used to due to not being able to restart my PC without having to change the port. 

My specs:

MSI R9 390

Radeon Software Version 17.5.1

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina