Weird taskbar issue (volume icon)

linkboy

I'm having a weird issue with my taskbar. I booted my laptop up today and noticed that my volume icon was missing in the bottom right corner (it's not hidden in the arrow menu). Went into settings to the taskbar options, and I turned it off and back on. 

Here's the issue. If I disable the network icon, the volume icon shows up. However, the second I turn the network icon back on, my volume icon disappears. If I turn the network icon on first, and then the volume, Windows spaces the icons out properly, but the volume icon doesn't appear.

I've tried restarting the computer, I've restarted explorer, I've deleted and reinstalled my sound card drivers and I can't seem to get it fixed.

Was wondering if anyone has ran across this and knows how to fix it. I'm running the latest version of Windows 10.

If I'm right, you just have to restart your sound card drivers in the taskmanagement (CTRL + ALT + DELETE).

You must search for you sound drivers / software and right-click on your mise and press RESTART.

Just do that with every program that deliver the sound.

I hope this works for you.

9 minutes ago, linkboy said:

Thanks.

I ended up doing a system restore and that fixed it. I'll keep that in mind though.

I'm happy for you that's working again!

Let me know if you have other problems with your laptop, I'm here to help.