Looking for headset recommendations

Trionth

Recently bought the logitech G930 and loved it. The surround sound was awesome, mic quality and comfort was great, even the battery life was good enough but unfortunately it frequently dropped connection and nothing I did could stop it from dropping. I'm looking for something similar in specs with surround sound, good mic quality, and comfort at around $100 or less. Wireless would be great but only if it can be used wired as well because I don't want to have those issues. I've looked at a bunch of reviews and "best headset" lists but it would be nice to get some recommendations I know aren't being paid for.

Look up the HyperX Cloud Stinger. It isn't flashy and doesn't have a USB dongle, but it should get the job done. Mic quality is fairly decent too.

If you catch the Cloud 2's or Cloud Revolver on sale you could check those out as well.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X @4.3Ghz All-Core with Stock Cooler

Motherboard: Asrock X570 Phantom Gaming 4

RAM: Patriot Viper 32GB DDR4 RAM @3000Mhz

GPU: MSI Ventus RTX 2080 Super 8GB

PSU: Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Storage 1: Phison 500 GB NVME SSD

Storage 2: WD Blue 1TB NVME SSD

Case: Inwin 146 ATX Case

Peripherals

Mouse: Logitech G Pro X Superlight

Keyboard: Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition

Headset: Drop x Sennheiser PC38x

Monitor 1: LG 27GL850-B 1440p @144hz Nano-IPS Monitor

Monitor 2: Asus VG248Q 1080p @144hz Gaming Monitor

Monitor 3: Asus VG259Q 1080p @144hz IPS Gaming Monitor

21 minutes ago, HelloitsLuke said:

Look up the HyperX Cloud Stinger. It isn't flashy and doesn't have a USB dongle, but it should get the job done. Mic quality is fairly decent too.

If you catch the Cloud 2's or Cloud Revolver on sale you could check those out as well.

I've heard good things about the stinger but really want the digital surround sound, was surprised how great it was. Ill look into the others though, thank you for the advice.

If you could afford them I'd say the sennheiser g4me one, best headset out their period, but my second choice would be the hyperx cloud.

You do realize surround sound is a selling gimmick to jack up the prices?

You can get them online for free cos its all software and nothing is done to the hardware, a good game sound engine can emulate surround sound without you getting a "surround sound" headset. A good headphone will be better than any other headset in the market. Although headset has its convenience to be an all in one solution.

Cloud 1 would be the best bang for your buck or if you can wait go for massdrop x sennheiser PC 37X, they have HD598 drivers and also great sounding for a thing priced $120. 

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.