Guitar Amp issue!

GamerzCentralYT

Hello my name is Joey, I own a Peavey Valveking 100. The clean channel works and the distortion channel is very weak and is not distorted and is not providing the proper distortion. I have replaced replaced the lead channel relay and the gain boost relay and those replacements have not solved the issue. I am not sure what to troubleshoot next if anyone has guidence or experience on this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

ugh having a similar issue with my Fender Stage 160 DSP Combo  ...the sound is there but barely, this thing is so loud usually i cant put it past 2/10 without disturbing the peace and now at ten its barely anything :( at first i wasnt able to get any sound at all because the port for the instrument cable became disconnected so i soldered it back on and then this is what i get now

P.S. its on both channels

CPU: i7-7700k 5.0Ghz, Cooling: Corsair H115i, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming M7, RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200, GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Storage: 240GB MyDigitalSSD NVMe M.2, Two 2TB Seagate HDD, PSU: EVGA 850w G2, Case: Phanteks Luxe Tempered Glass, Display: 22" 1080p Samsung S22C350 (NOT for long lol) Keyboard: Corsair K70 Lux RGB, Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS, Sound: Corsair VOID + 2.1 Channel Speaker System, OS: Windows 10
PCPartPicker List

7 minutes ago, eeccrraaiigg said:

ugh having a similar issue with my Fender Stage 160 DSP Combo  ...the sound is there but barely, this thing is so loud usually i cant put it past 2/10 without disturbing the peace and now at ten its barely anything :( at first i wasnt able to get any sound at all because the port for the instrument cable became disconnected so i soldered it back on and then this is what i get now

P.S. its on both channels

Well all I can say is good luck I don't know what to do for the any of us sorry man.

ugh it is frustrating, i spent a lot of money on that amp, now maybe you might know something about this: I have a Jackson and i hadnt used it in awhile but i go to use it no sound i wiggle the cable a tiny bit of something would come out but not full sound, then i think must be a wiring issue on the input on the guitar take it apart all the solder poiunts and wires are looking good throughout the whole back of the guitar and input, any ideas???? Pickups maybe? if it was would you know how to get to them?

CPU: i7-7700k 5.0Ghz, Cooling: Corsair H115i, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming M7, RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200, GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Storage: 240GB MyDigitalSSD NVMe M.2, Two 2TB Seagate HDD, PSU: EVGA 850w G2, Case: Phanteks Luxe Tempered Glass, Display: 22" 1080p Samsung S22C350 (NOT for long lol) Keyboard: Corsair K70 Lux RGB, Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS, Sound: Corsair VOID + 2.1 Channel Speaker System, OS: Windows 10
PCPartPicker List

and mind you before i tested the guitar i restringed it with brand new strigns :/ lol just my luck i almost threw it out the window !

PCPartPicker List

11 minutes ago, eeccrraaiigg said:

ugh it is frustrating, i spent a lot of money on that amp, now maybe you might know something about this: I have a Jackson and i hadnt used it in awhile but i go to use it no sound i wiggle the cable a tiny bit of something would come out but not full sound, then i think must be a wiring issue on the input on the guitar take it apart all the solder poiunts and wires are looking good throughout the whole back of the guitar and input, any ideas???? Pickups maybe? if it was would you know how to get to them?

Its the input jack definetly

13 minutes ago, eeccrraaiigg said:

and mind you before i tested the guitar i restringed it with brand new strigns :/ lol just my luck i almost threw it out the window !

Just get a new one and solder it on.

16 hours ago, GamerzCentralYT said:

Just get a new one and solder it on.

think they sell them at a local guitar shop??? I've been through this so many times because it just seems that theyre not made to last being soldered but i always able to solder the same one back on. well i definitely will try that,,,,,,, thanks!

PCPartPicker List

4 hours ago, eeccrraaiigg said:

think they sell them at a local guitar shop??? I've been through this so many times because it just seems that theyre not made to last being soldered but i always able to solder the same one back on. well i definitely will try that,,,,,,, thanks!

Anytime!