GTX 660TI VS AMD 7950

iLuzionsX

Hey everyone, I am very soon going to build my first computer ever. I have basically everything set out besides the graphics card. i need my total for the whole build to be around 800-850$. SO, its in between the 660ti msi power edition or a amd 7950 sapphire. Im sort of leaning towards the nvidia side because of the drivers and yea thats basically it. I just need tips on what you guys think will be the best gpu for me. Im going to be playing bf3 and arma 3 most so yea. please help!

Actually the new never settle AMD drivers have been optimized to outperform nvidia drivers at almost every level (Linus's benchmark for BF3

)

Also the current never settle game bundle is much better than nvidia's in game credit bunch of bs.

Honestly I am at heart a nvidia fan but just looking at the current performance and bonuses of both, I would have it give it to AMD's 7950

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

yea, in this case the 7950 (plus games) is the clear winner to me

it beat the 660ti in all ways, but i am a AMD fanboy lol :D

(if you like the nvidia side, the 670 is the best option)

• AMD 7850 - 2GB GDDR5 256bits
  • gBANDWIDTH = 170.2 GB/s
  • gSHADERS = 1024 unified
  • gCPUoc = 1050 mhz
  • gMEMoc = 1330 mhz (x4)
  • gPIXELfillrate = 33.6 GP/s
  • gTEXTUREfillrate = 67.2 GT/s

So defenitely i should get the 7950for sure?

Of all the NVIDIA fanboys here I think it's safe to say I count for at least a couple, but a 7950>660Ti is a no brainer, if it were perhaps a 670 Then maybe that might be a different story, but a 670 is at least $50-70 more than a 660Ti. So yeah, 7950>660Ti.

If you don't mind me asking, what have you chosen for the rest of the PC? Perhaps we could help and possibly give you a better rig than you planned.

Good luck :)

linus just did a benchmark video for bf3. the 7950 killed the 660 ti

I know that Linus just did a video on it but that was only on Battlefield 3.

I wanna know like overall with drivers etc.. like the gtx 660ti used to be better until amd released their latest drivers i believe i may be wrong though.

@TechNerd181 for the rest of the rig im planning on having a 3570k, 1tb WD drive, asrock z75 board atx, 8gb of corsair ram and this sweet nzxt case the classic h2 in black. Im trying to keep it around 800$ and thats what ive come up with so far. and a 500w cooler master psu( i know that they arent really a trusted psu brand but its the best i could find for the price)

o and i would also like tips on the 3570k ik its better than any amd one for gaming but is there anything else that you guys can recommend. im trying to keep it low cost

I wanna know like overall with drivers etc.. like the gtx 660ti used to be better until amd released their latest drivers i believe i may be wrong though.

@TechNerd181 for the rest of the rig im planning on having a 3570k, 1tb WD drive, asrock z75 board atx, 8gb of corsair ram and this sweet nzxt case the classic h2 in black. Im trying to keep it around 800$ and thats what ive come up with so far. and a 500w cooler master psu( i know that they arent really a trusted psu brand but its the best i could find for the price)

i recomend change that PSU for one of "650w"

(is preferable "have more watts" and not less)

• AMD 7850 - 2GB GDDR5 256bits
  • gBANDWIDTH = 170.2 GB/s
  • gSHADERS = 1024 unified
  • gCPUoc = 1050 mhz
  • gMEMoc = 1330 mhz (x4)
  • gPIXELfillrate = 33.6 GP/s
  • gTEXTUREfillrate = 67.2 GT/s

ik, i dont really have money for one though