Well build allrounder

Hey guys!

I am looking for a replacement for my aging HP Envy 14. It has served me well but now it is time for something new. Unfortunately I am not very familiar with the laptop market and could really use some guidance.

My criteria:

- 13 or 15 inch but I would really prefer 15

- use case: mainly for uni which means office and email but also some 3d work and number crunching with Matlab. Furthermore I want to be able to do some occasional video editing.

- good build quality: I just can't stand plasticky laptops especially when I am surrounded by macbooks at my uni.

-it should be small and light - not a big gaming laptop

-nvme drive would be really nice

-good track pad since I don't want to take a mouse with me everywhere. One made of glas would be ideal.

-SD card reader would be a big plus

My budget is ~1500€ and I am located in Austria. It would be really awesome if you could help me out here. Any help is highly appreciated.

The Acer Swift 7 looks like a good choice. LTT did a video about it if you want to check it out. Its £999, which equals roughly 1200

7 minutes ago, haxSins said:

The Acer Swift 7 looks like a good choice. LTT did a video about it if you want to check it out. Its £999, which equals roughly 1200

Thanks for your reply (=

This laptop really does check many boxes for me but I would prefer one with more power and usb a. I forgot that one has to specify the latter nowadays haha (=

eurocom.com. Generic laptop killers!

Take a look at the mobile workstation section. It's well within your budget.

5 minutes ago, That_Linus_fan_guy said:

Thanks for your reply (=

This laptop really does check many boxes for me but I would prefer one with more power and usb a. I forgot that one has to specify the latter nowadays haha (=

The Dell XPS 13 looks good also. Its rated highly, the XPS 15 is out of your budget, but you can always consider it. As luck would have, LTT has also done a video on this :) 

43 minutes ago, haxSins said:

The Dell XPS 13 looks good also. Its rated highly, the XPS 15 is out of your budget, but you can always consider it. As luck would have, LTT has also done a video on this :)

Yeah that looks perfect! I will see if I can try it out somwhere in a store and then I will try to get the extra money for the 15 inch model haha

Thank you for your help!!