DIY desk lights?

ShadyHost

I want to mount some track lights on my desk behind my monitors facing upwards. That way they shine on the wall behind my desk and create a somewhat dim light on just one side of my room. 

I went to Lowes this morning and found these track lights. Only problem is that they would be plugged into an existing light socket or something and I need to get some sort of power supply to power them from a standard wall outlet. 

Anyone have suggestions?

iZauNtP.jpg

Use LEDs! No heat and if you do it properly the light can be more even! (Just some stuff I learned from film making "Training")

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

As mentioned above me, use LEDs they do the job just fine..

This is my place (yes I have not got around to mounting them in a decent way)

But this is probably the effect you looking for.

remember that this is a photo made with my phone so quality is greatly decreased, it looks way better IRL..

One advice is start looking around stores like Ikea they sell LED strips like this that can even change colour (cause lets be honest one colour gets boring after a while)

post-961-0-99421700-1383762290_thumb.jpg

Yarrrr, ye be warned lily-livered scallywags

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMJpHihykI#t=93

Use LEDs! No heat and if you do it properly the light can be more even! (Just some stuff I learned from film making "Training")

Lowes did have some affordable LED type strips. I would have to run 2 or 3 of them just to get the amount of light I am looking for.

Do they sell colored LEDs? I am looking for blue. 

As mentioned above me, use LEDs they do the job just fine..

This is my place (yes I have not got around to mounting them in a decent way)

But this is probably the effect you looking for.

Yep, that is what I am going for. Maybe a bit brighter. 

Lowes did have some affordable LED type strips. I would have to run 2 or 3 of them just to get the amount of light I am looking for.

Do they sell colored LEDs? I am looking for blue. 

Yes, check out eBay, you might be able to get some RGB ones with a controller for around $20

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I'm going to link to a post I made a while ago. Get these and set them to white. You won't be sorry. :)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58999-cheap-silly-lighting-mod-anyone/

Corsair 900D | MSI MPower Max Z87 AC | i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz | 1080 Ti SLI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400 
XSPC Raystorm | EK-FC Nickel GPU block/backplate | 2x Alphacool UT60 480mm & XT45 240mm | 11x Linus Edition NF-F12
Schiit Modi/Magni 2 Uber | 5" KRK Rokit G3 | KRK 10S2 | Acer Predator X34 | Dell S2716DG