Applications not launching

Killervolt

Hi, so starting earlier today, my PC has been stuffing up a lot. Firstly, I got a flashing static screen for no apparent reason- I put this down to my CFX setup, and removed one card. however, I still had a slight flickering on my screen after several reboots . . . Now however, I for some reason am unable to launch any application. The boot is normal (as normal as my PC is, I have to restart several times to boot properly) but when I load into windows and click on e.g steam, it will pop up the "connecting steam account: xxxxx" but then will do nothing. I can launch task manager (sometimes) but when I try to launch origin nothing even pops up. Help needed please!!! Thanks.

Did you connect to internet?

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Scythe Fuma isn't bad as it seems

??? did u accidentally reply to this topic . . .?

Just now, Killervolt said:

??? did u accidentally reply to this topic . . .?

Try reinstalling Windows? Sorry. I had too many tabs open

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Did you connect to internet?

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Try reinstalling Windows? Sorry. I had too many tabs open

Yes I do have internet connection. I did re-install about a month ago with GPU problems, maybe I'll try again. It is a bit annoying to have to reinstall every other month :(

8 minutes ago, Killervolt said:

Yes I do have internet connection. I did re-install about a month ago with GPU problems, maybe I'll try again. It is a bit annoying to have to reinstall every other month :(

Judging by what you've said in the main post, I would say it's a graphics driver issue. Make sure your drivers are updated and that all of your devices are properly connected; you can do this through the Device Manager through Windows. Once you've updated your drivers, restart your computer.

1 minute ago, Mooshe said:

Judging by what you've said in the main post, I would say it's a graphics driver issue. Make sure your drivers are updated and that all of your devices are properly connected; you can do this through the Device Manager through Windows. Once you've updated your drivers, restart your computer.

OK, will try this . . . Unfortunately my drivers don't want to launch either :(. will give it a go when my PC is more cooperative.

2 minutes ago, Killervolt said:

OK, will try this . . . Unfortunately my drivers don't want to launch either :(. will give it a go when my PC is more cooperative.

You may need to boot into Safe Mode if you can. On Windows 10, Shift+Click the Restart option to reboot into Safe Mode.