my old HDD died/windows 10 files corrupted?(help needed)

Davin.

I have used my prebuild pc for about 5 years so im not too sure if its time i get a new ssd.

However, just a few days ago, my pc failed to boot windows(i guess) and also i cant access the bios for whatever reason using f10 f2 f12 del etc..

The picture i uploaded is what shows up on my monitor when i try to boot the pc

My friend has told me to reinstall windows 10 from a usb drive but i have to access bios so yea..

Do i have to buy a new storage system and lose all data in my old hdd or is there a solution to this?

Sry for bad english

20161230_132127.jpg

Edited by Davin.

well the bad news is, likely it's not the disk...

Hook that monitor up to some other source to make sure it's not the monitor that went bananas.

If that doesn't help I guess it's dive-in-time:

Unplug as much as you can, all drives / optical drives / GPU / RAM - clean the rig, especially CPU cooler (guessing fan based), replug 24 & 8 pin mobo connectors, then try to boot up with no RAM and no drives attached and no GPU if possible (using integrated CPU graphics) and see if you can enter the bios. (bios doesn't need drives to work). Chances are it will still be the same which then again will hint to either a dead board / GPU. We will talk later about the PSU. Goal of this operation is to get the system to post no matter what. If it will do that start reinserting the components one by one...