750 EVO from Amazon or a Intel 730 series from eBay

JackDoyne

Roughly the same price, which one would be better? Using the drive for a boot device and to load heavy games like fallout 4 or GTA 5

730 all day erry day.

You're better off buying a new 840 evo tho.

EVO 750 has RAPID Mode from Samsung, that's the only thing that really makes any difference here assuming both are brand new SSD's?

Their endurance levels are going to be just fine with just gaming content on them.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

Yep the Samsung one at least, the guy said the Intel Drive is new but obviously it's just his word against mine, i missed out on the Intel drive, it went for a little less than the Samsung drive, but in all fairness i'd prefer 3 years warranty and guaranteed new drive rather than a drive which claims to be new and has no warranty, what do you think?  

Go for a brand new drive every time.  Don't bother with a potentially second hand hard disk.

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

1 minute ago, Falconevo said:

Go for a brand new drive every time.  Don't bother with a potentially second hand hard disk.

Agreed, but keep in mind warranty policies and read the exact wording from the company before you assume the warranty still applies. 

28 minutes ago, JackDoyne said:

but in all fairness i'd prefer 3 years warranty and guaranteed new drive rather than a drive which claims to be new and has no warranty, what do you think?  

Both Intel's and Samsung's, as well as many other companies', warranties do not transfer directly from buyer to buyer. Both of their warranty policies say that you need proof of purchase, like a receipt or proof of credit, from a licensed retailer to redeem a warranty (proof that it was you that bought the new part). Otherwise, the warranty only extends from the day that the product was made. 

Samsung:

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/support/warranty.html

SAMSUNG warrants to the purchaser of the Product in its original sealed packaging ("You”) that the Product is free from defects in material and workmanship, subject to the conditions stated herein... In the event that a valid proof of purchase is not available, the limited warranty period will be determined by the date of manufacture... This warranty is provided only to You and is not transferable.  

1 minute ago, Qwweb said:

Agreed, but keep in mind warranty policies and read the exact wording from the company before you assume the warranty still applies. 

Both Intel's and Samsung's, as well as many other companies', warranties do not transfer directly from buyer to buyer. Both of their warranty policies say that you need proof of purchase, like a receipt or proof of credit, from a licensed retailer to redeem a warranty (proof that it was you that bought the new part). Otherwise, the warranty only extends from the day that the product was made. 

Samsung:

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/support/warranty.html

Yep, this guy said it was new and he'd bought it by mistake and he was using a 480gb version instead so this was a spare drive, the actual photo on the listing was one taken from google and not one of his own, so to be safe and to know i'm insured if anything goes wrong i went with the samsung drive