Will it work? (1050ti, w3550, 9GB ram)

Sydlexic Deity

Right.
I have an HP Z400
It's kitted out with a Xeon W3550 at 3.06GHz, turbo to 3.2GHz. 4 / 8HT cores.
I've got 9GB of 1333MHz ddr3 memory (3x2gb,3x1gb - triple channel CPU oh boy)
At the moment it's got a Quadro 600 in it. This works fine for 'meh' games. I'm looking to play battlefield 1 (medium), and planetside 2 (at max).
The PSU is a good quality 450W, with a 6pin connector.

My point is - I want to put a 1050Ti inside it.
Can anyone see (or know of) any problems that may arise?

Since I have the 6pin connector i might go for this one: https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-windforce-oc-4gb-graphics-card/26164578

Rather than this one: https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-oc-4gb-graphics-card/26164589

Any tips or pointers would be appreciated. I plan to buy the card tonight if there aren't any dumb things I am missing

Cheers <3

The Z400 has a 80Bronze PSU AFAIK, you should be fine with the 6pin one. You'll get more performance in the long run - the overclocks will be better and the Windforce cards are pretty good thermally. The only issue will be maybe TOLUD (how much memory the BIOS will feed to the GPUs), but you can return it if you have any issues with it. 

idk

14 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

1080ti is a low power card pci power is enough. 

If you take a look at the top link I posted, that card requires a 9pin connector.
The lower one doesn't.

Thanks tho

12 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

The Z400 has a 80Bronze PSU AFAIK, you should be fine with the 6pin one. You'll get more performance in the long run - the overclocks will be better and the Windforce cards are pretty good thermally. The only issue will be maybe TOLUD (how much memory the BIOS will feed to the GPUs), but you can return it if you have any issues with it. 

Those were my thoughts too.
Ok thanks for that - I'll get the slightly more powerful one and see how it goes :)