How to increase CPU current limit?

Hey guys, So here is my issue, I have an Intel Core i7 6700K @4.5ghz @1.39v installed into a MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X, Now here is the issue.... I need to increase my CPU current limit.... But now here is the tricky part, I already have it maxed out and what it is doing is when i run a stress test it drops back down to the stock clock (4.0GHZ) but the voltage does not change or anything nor do the temps.... So i was wondering if i could make it more than what the motherboard can do or is there another issue? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the CPU, RAM.... Basically everything.... I have even reinstalled the Power supply and the graphics card.... My power supply is a Corsair RM 650X Fully Modular Gold Certified 650W so it has more than enough power then what it needs.... I have also tried increasing the max TDP to 150W for the I7 6700K... I am very confused about what to do? Could anyone help me out? Thank you. :)

Current PC: "For Now Because I Have A Habit"

CPU: Intel Core I7 6700K @4.5Ghz

Motherboard: Asrock Z170 Extreme4

RAM: 16GB G.skill TridentZ 3200Mhz DDR4

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 360 Riing RGB Edition 

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080Ti Founders Edition MSI

Case: Limited Edition Thermaltake View 31 Riing RGB

Power Supply: CoolerMaster V750 Fully Modular

SSD: Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB

HDD: 3TB Toshiba 7200RPM

Peripherals:

Monitor: AOC U2868PQU 4K 28" 60HZ

Keyboard: G.Skill Ripjaws KM780 RGB Cherry MX Red

Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite

Mouse Pad: Razer Goliathus Speed Extended

Speakers: Creative SBS A250

Headphones: Razer Kraken Pro 7.1

1 minute ago, SLIClocker said:

Hey guys, So here is my issue, I have an Intel Core i7 6700K @4.5ghz @1.39v installed into a MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3X, Now here is the issue.... I need to increase my CPU current limit.... But now here is the tricky part, I already have it maxed out and what it is doing is when i run a stress test it drops back down to the stock clock (4.0GHZ) but the voltage does not change or anything nor do the temps.... So i was wondering if i could make it more than what the motherboard can do or is there another issue? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the CPU, RAM.... Basically everything.... I have even reinstalled the Power supply and the graphics card.... My power supply is a Corsair RM 650X Fully Modular Gold Certified 650W so it has more than enough power then what it needs.... I have also tried increasing the max TDP to 150W for the I7 6700K... I am very confused about what to do? Could anyone help me out? Thank you. :)

Also it is not the Temperatures because they only get up to 80 degrees C.

Peripherals:

Sounds like you have a chip that doesn't want to go any faster. If you've already maxed everything.

-アパゾ

1 minute ago, APasz said:

Sounds like you have a chip that doesn't want to go any faster. If you've already maxed everything.

That is not the problem.

Peripherals:

If its hitting 80C it could very well be throttling back down to 4ghz.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

If its hitting 80C it could very well be throttling back down to 4ghz.

So that is the issue?

Peripherals:

Just now, SLIClocker said:

So that is the issue?

It /could/ be, im not sure what the limits are on the 6700k though, but it does seem high enough to start throttling.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Proberly not as the max safe temp is about 100-105c before it starts to throttle.

-アパゾ

1 minute ago, APasz said:

Proberly not as the max safe temp is about 100-105c before it starts to throttle.

It shuts off at 105c, throttling starts way back in the 80c range

Just now, Generallee said:

Has it changed. Used to be that it start throttling at about 100c then do a compete shutdown at about 120ish depending on model. This 80c limit is news to me. Do you have a source for it?

-アパゾ

59 minutes ago, APasz said:

Has it changed. Used to be that it start throttling at about 100c then do a compete shutdown at about 120ish depending on model. This 80c limit is news to me. Do you have a source for it?

Okay so now this is very weird.... It is NOT thermal throttling because it still does it at STOCK with absolutely NOTHING done to the BIOS, Even without XMP.... I even rebuilt the computer AGAIN! Please someone just help me! I know it is not thermal throttling because it still does it at stock which only hits 68 degrees C. I quoted all of you so that you would read.

1 hour ago, Generallee said:

Okay so now this is very weird.... It is NOT thermal throttling because it still does it at STOCK with absolutely NOTHING done to the BIOS, Even without XMP.... I even rebuilt the computer AGAIN! Please someone just help me! I know it is not thermal throttling because it still does it at stock which only hits 68 degrees C. I quoted all of you so that you would read.

3 hours ago, RKRiley said:

It /could/ be, im not sure what the limits are on the 6700k though, but it does seem high enough to start throttling.

Peripherals:

8 minutes ago, SLIClocker said:

~snip~

If you've already maxed everything out, there isn't really anything we can do. Some chips simply wont go above a certain speed.

Take my cpu 4770k for example. I should able to get it up to 4.5 without any problems but I can't get it over 4.0 without introducing stability issues. I was unlucky, there isn't anything I can do about it.

Now if you've gotten this chip to 4.6 but now you can't then yes you have a problem. If this is the first time trying 4.6 and it fails, nothing you, me or anyone can do.

-アパゾ

I think the last thing you want to do is circumvent the CPU's current regulation. That sounds like a profoundly terrible idea. If there's truly an issue with the amount of current the CPU is getting, that sounds like a defective motherboard and/or CPU which should be RMA'd. If it's just that you're at nearly 1.4 V and still can't keep 4.5 GHz stable, that sounds like a poor result from the silicon lottery.

Have you tried turning off C state? Also what cooler are you using, 80c is uncomfortable.