Asus X99 ROG Strix or Sabretooth

So I was wondering, i would like to upgrade my current good performance pc to the X99 platform probably combining with the i7 6800k and the nzxt kraken x62 cooler

But i would like a Asus motherboard because I just prefer them and trust their motherboards but I was wondering what would be a better purchase since the price difference is barely there. 

To ask the question straight up, which is better then the other The X99 ASUS ROG STRIX  or the Sabretooth.      

I mostly only play video games and so now and then video rendering and with my college will probably start coding but that doesn't matter because i am mostly trying to get my pc to top of the line. 

ASUS X99 ROG STRIX: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X99-GAMING/ 

ASUS X99 Sabretooth: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_X99/ 

Also would I be better of waiting for kabylake instead of skylake since i will need to save up a bit more and am aiming for the high-end?

Just now, joostvandenberg said:

So I was wondering, i would like to upgrade my current good performance pc to the X99 platform probably combining with the i7 6800k and the nzxt kraken x62 cooler

But i would like a Asus motherboard because I just prefer them and trust their motherboards but I was wondering what would be a better purchase since the price difference is barely there. 

To ask the question straight up, which is better then the other The X99 ASUS ROG STRIX  or the Sabretooth.      

I mostly only play video games and so now and then video rendering and with my college will probably start coding but that doesn't matter because i am mostly trying to get my pc to top of the line. 

ASUS X99 ROG STRIX: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X99-GAMING/ 

ASUS X99 Sabretooth: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_X99/ 

Also would I be better of waiting for kabylake instead of skylake since i will need to save up a bit more and am aiming for the high-end?

Which one has the IO/Aesthetics you like?

I would personaly go with the ROG Strix.

Its newer, and it offers more value for money, since it comes with onboard wifi and bluetooth.

And i personaly like the vrm design on the strix a bit better.

Welp I didn't really know that kaby lake would use other socket type then 2011 or 1151 so thx for telling me and i will just wait and save up money for when kaby lake releases 

2 minutes ago, joostvandenberg said:

Welp I didn't really know that kaby lake would use other socket type then 2011 or 1151 so thx for telling me and i will just wait and save up money for when kaby lake releases 

Kabylake-X will be the budget version for these platforms.

3 minutes ago, joostvandenberg said:

Yeah it will be a bit of a hard choice right now going with X99.

Since Skylake-X might be released arround Q2 2017.

2 minutes ago, SmashinMachine said:

Kabylake-X will be the budget version for these platforms.

I'm affraid that with the 4 core Kabylake-X chip.

That intel is going to make the 6 core Skylake-X chips $500,- + again.