Personal Build Future Upgrades

Wifi

Hopefully by me posting this, I can gain some feedback on my future upgrades on my personal build.

Current System:

- i5 3570K OC to 4.2 GHz

- Asus P8 Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt

- Noctua NH-U12P SE2

- NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 1GB

- 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis (4x 4GB)

- Corsair TX 650M Power Supply

- Samsung 840 250GB SSD

- Hitachi 250GB Hard Drive (My old laptop hard drive when my laptop screen broke)

- Hitachi 500GB Hard Drive (Old hard drive from 2008)

- AVerMedia HD DVR Capture Card (Yes, I play on a console for now)

- Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Mid Tower Case

- 2x Arctic Cooling Arctic F12 PWM 120mm High Performance Case Fan (Front of the case for intake)

- Enermax U.R.VEGAS 120mm Case Fan (Rear of the case for exhaust)

- Stock Cooler Master 200mm Red LED Case Fan (Top of the case for exhaust)

- Stock Cooler Master 120mm Case Fan (Zip tied to the 5.25" drive bays for intake. Yes the case door is removed)

Upgraded System:

- i5 3570K OC to 4.2 GHz

- Asus P8 Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt

- Noctua NH-U12P SE2

- MSI Twin Frozr NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 3GB

- 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis (4x 4GB)

- Corsair AX760 Power Supply

- Samsung 840 250GB SSD

- WD Black 1TB Hard Drive SATA3

- AVerMedia HD DVR Capture Card (Yes, I play on a console for now)

- Corsair Obsidian 650D Mid Tower Case

- 3x Corsair AF120 Case Fans (2x In front of the case for intake. 1x In the rear of the case for exhaust)

For your gpu, I recommend the 660TI power edition over standard twin frozr (also no reason to get 3gb version unless running multi monitor)

Its not necessary to upgrade your psu for the additional parts (if you are doing it for efficiency upgrade, the real world applications of that in terms of your power bill will be very minimal and may totally not even be worth it considering the ax760 is $150+)

As for your hhd, get a barracuda (caviars just aren't worth it for the very minimal performance improvement that come with a premium price tag)

With your savings, you should consider upgrading your gpu or perhaps getting a liquid cooler for better overclocks

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

For your gpu' date=' I recommend the 660TI power edition over standard twin frozr (also no reason to get 3gb version unless running multi monitor) Its not necessary to upgrade your gpu for the additional parts (if you are doing it for efficiency upgrade, the real world applications of that in terms of your power bill will be very minimal and may totally not even be worth it considering the ax760 is $150+) As for your hhd, get a barracuda (caviars just aren't worth it for the very minimal performance improvement that come with a premium price tag) With your savings, you should consider upgrading your gpu or perhaps getting a liquid cooler for better overclocks [/quote']

Thank you for your feedback. As for the GPU, there is only a $30.00 difference here in Canada and I would rather the 3GB edition since I want to run dual monitors and maybe triple in the future. The site I'm going off of is Canada Computers since that is my local computer shop I would be buying these parts. I might consider the Barracuda. Also, I'm looking for a power supply that is fully modular and open for upgrades, that is why I thought about the AX760.

Why upgrade your PSU? Your existing unit is more than capable.

I`m looking to get a fully modular one, which mine isn`t, and a power supply that can handle my future upgrades. What other power supply should I get then? Thank you also for your feedback.

Does it really have to be fully modular? I think what windspeed36 was trying to say is, don't fix something that's not broke, right? There's no real reason to upgrade something if it's not really needed.. A TX650 is what I normally recommend to everyone with gaming in mind, so upgrading that would be pointless. Corsair's Enthusiast range is great to say the least, and 650W's is more than sufficient, if you for some reason really wanted to upgrade, then just stick with TX, and go for a 750W.

As for GPU, when do you think you'll run dual monitors? It may only be a $30 Difference between 2GB>3GB, and $30 is what could make all the difference. Intel 330 Series SSD>Samsung 830, but either are good. But considering you have enough, I'd go with a Corsair Force GT/Neutron GTX SSD. And I don't know how much it is where you are, it's certainly pricey over here.. But have you considered Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM?

I`m looking to get a fully modular one, which mine isn`t, and a power supply that can handle my future upgrades. What other power supply should I get then? Thank you also for your feedback.

Makes logical sense I guess. If you want decent modular PSU's then the Seasonic X series and the Silverstone Strider Plus series are good contenders.