Going for minimalism

Acquire

Been wanting a small build away from my huge atx cases that were mostly empty space.

The idea was for a compact, air cooled build with top end hardware.  I am running an Acer X34 3440x1440 at 100Hz.

•  Case: Fractal Design Node 304 Black
  •  Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Impact
  •  CPU: i7-6700k
  •  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S (if only I could get a redux colored 92mm fan for the cpu cooler)
  •  Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
  •  GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 Strix Advanced
  •  PSU: Corsair SF600
    • Using silverstone bracket and custom cables from cable mod's configurator.  These cables are great and blow away the ones that come with the PSU.  Strongly recommend anyone building similarly to get some of these cables.  Aesthetics aside, they're actually workable for tight situations and make the building process far simpler.
  •  Storage: Samsung 830 PRO 256 GB and 840 EVO 1TB (os/core and games respectively).  
    • Using a phanteks double ssd bracket and some Scotch Restickable Tabs to secure it.
  •   Cable Mod Configurator Specs: 
    •   24 Pin: 250mm 
    •   4+4 Pin EPS: 200mm 
    •   Dual 6+2 Pin PCI-E: 200mm -> 100mm 
    •   Dual SATA Power: 200mm -> 100mm  
      •   First bit could've been 150mm, may end up changing that piece of it.
      •   Second bit could easily be 50mm, however, I wanted it longer so that it could kind of comb over and not just be sticking out.
    •   SATA 3 Data: 300mm

From my research, this is the best mini itx case I've found for my needs.  Compact, but without compromising being able to fit long and tall GPUs, big CPU coolers, and being able to cool things properly.  I really like the looks of it as well.

Some additional bits can be found here.

PCPartPicker Completed Build

IMG_20161015_120004.jpg

IMG_20161015_115909.jpg

IMG_20161015_115410.jpg

IMG_20161015_115323.jpg

IMG_20160924_180038.jpg

Camera didn't catch it, but all LED coloring should blue. This includes monitor underglow, mouse, gpu breathing, and the case's power LED.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.