[ASK] Video Editing Laptops

sonalibaba
Go to solution Solved by Emperor_Piehead,

if i can, i would go for the customizable ones.. unfortunately, my country will put taxes and other things to make it more expensive.. i'm currently looking at the GS70 by MSI ..

oh ok didn't realize you were out of the US. The GS70 would be good option. The slimness is nice and if your outside the matte screen will be nice.

Hi, i'm a College Student in Cinematography, i would like to use a laptop for Video Editing, and a little bit of Gaming

here's what i've come through:

-MSI GT70 2OC
-MSI GE70 2OE

would it be worth it to have 32gb of ram slot upgrade or 16gb is enough?

If you have other brands, kindly comment..

Thanks.

16GB would be fine but do you really have to use a laptop?

Well he is in college so a laptop would suit him well 

in my basement,using a computer,staring at a 1024x768 screen

• 2 weeks later...

do you plan on using an external display for the video editing or do it on the laptop screen itself?

it depends, at home i plan on using external, when i'm outside, im gonna have to use the laptop screen itself

it depends, at home i plan on using external, when i'm outside, im gonna have to use the laptop screen itself

lol took you a while to reply back. I was thinking if you were video editing on the laptop you would want a nicer screen than the normal tn panel they have.

If your budget will allow then I would suggest getting a laptop from xotic pc like this http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np7370-clevo-w370st-p-5841.html

Then upgrade to a nicer screen, monitor calibration, i7, and 16gb of ram. They have plenty of other upgrades to if you want like getting laptop wrapped in carbon fiber.

lol took you a while to reply back. I was thinking if you were video editing on the laptop you would want a nicer screen than the normal tn panel they have.

If your budget will allow then I would suggest getting a laptop from xotic pc like this http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np7370-clevo-w370st-p-5841.html

Then upgrade to a nicer screen, monitor calibration, i7, and 16gb of ram. They have plenty of other upgrades to if you want like getting laptop wrapped in carbon fiber.

if i can, i would go for the customizable ones.. unfortunately, my country will put taxes and other things to make it more expensive.. i'm currently looking at the GS70 by MSI ..

oh ok didn't realize you were out of the US. The GS70 would be good option. The slimness is nice and if your outside the matte screen will be nice.