Is the Acer X34 Ultrawide Monitor Worth the Price?

Hey guys, so I'm really looking at getting the Acer x34 because I hear it's the best Ultrawide gaming monitor on the market right now. I'm not much of a "budget consumer" so I don't mind paying more for quality, but at the same time I don't want to be spending more money on it when I can get the exact same performance out of something else that's half the price. In your opinion does the x34 live up to all the hype as the best Ultrawide in terms of performance compared to other Ultrawide Gaming Monitors? Do you think Ultrawides are stupid and overrated in general? Let me know your thoughts.. ^^

So there are things to consider when wanting to do ultrawide. 1) games that support ultrawide rather than stretch the image. 2) types of games you will play. I am not saying that you should not buy an ultrawide, but those are a few factors to consider. As far as the Acer x34 monitor goes, it is good, but also if you want a slightly cheaper one the ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q it is also good as well. both are pretty much alike. 

CPU-i7 6700k O.C. 4.6Ghz-Motherboard-Asus z170-a-RAM-24gb DDR4-GPU-EVGA GTX 1080 FE-Case-Corsair 400c (white)-Storage-HDD: 2xWD Blue 1TB SSD: PNY SSDSC120GLC709B121-510 120GB-PSU-1000 watt coolermax-Display-ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 1080p 144 Hz -Cooling-Corsair H115i-Keyboard-G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX blues (Red backlight)-Mouse-Logitech G602-Sound-Logitech 5.1 z506

Need a budget headphone for under 100$? Sennheiser HD 558 Headphones

Got a Skylake CPU (k) Here is a guide to OC it!

When IPS 144Hz Gsync Ultrawides are available and all Games support it, i will switch too. I payed 800€ for my Display which was enough for me at the time. If you dont mind the Money, go for it.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

One thing to consider with the X34 is that Acer are releasing an updated version called the X34P before the end of the year that should be the same-ish price and has a sharper curve, natively supports 100Hz without needing to overclock plus a few aesthetic "improvements". So if you're not desperate for a new monitor then it might be worth the wait either for the X34P or to pick up a cheaper X34 as they try to shift old stock.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

5 minutes ago, SonoDanshi said:

One thing to consider with the X34 is that Acer are releasing an updated version called the X34P before the end of the year that should be the same-ish price and has a sharper curve, natively supports 100Hz without needing to overclock plus a few aesthetic "improvements". So if you're not desperate for a new monitor then it might be worth the wait either for the X34P or to pick up a cheaper X34 as they try to shift old stock.

And also finally joystick controls for their OSD instead of the terrible button system. 

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro