Fixing Acryl side window

Hello all,

I noticed some scratches on my acrylic side window of the define s (PSU cables were hanging against it).

The scratches are clearly visable, but i cant feel them.

Does anyone know how to repair/remove the scraches.

The only thing I found online was using a buffingwheel, but I dont have acces to that kind of equipment.

My current rig:

CPU :Intel I7 4790K , MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VII , STORAGE: Plextor m6e 256Gb + WD Black 3Tb, GPU(s): 1x ASUS STRIX GTX 1060, PSU: Corsair RM1000 , CASE: Fractal Design S.

Buffing at a local hardware store or something would be good, but if not perhaps just using a bit of heat to "melt" it into a more smooth shape? 

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

Just now, ★ Coups ★ said:

Buffing at a local hardware store or something would be good, but if not perhaps just using a bit of heat to "melt" it into a more smooth shape? 

I don't have a hardware store that close by unfortunally. With heat I am afraid I'll put too much on it and blister the acrylic. That option is kind of last hope.

If I where to buff it myself (I do have a dremel, there must be an buffing head), what kind of lubricant do you guys think I should use?

Preferably something I can get pretty easily.

My current rig:

CPU :Intel I7 4790K , MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VII , STORAGE: Plextor m6e 256Gb + WD Black 3Tb, GPU(s): 1x ASUS STRIX GTX 1060, PSU: Corsair RM1000 , CASE: Fractal Design S.

Just now, Jayyzz said:

I don't have a hardware store that close by unfortunally. With heat I am afraid I'll put too much on it and blister the acrylic. That option is kind of last hope.

If I where to buff it myself (I do have a dremel, there must be an buffing head), what kind of lubricant do you guys think I should use?

Preferably something I can get pretty easily.

I'm not sure on lubricant. 

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

I have done his before for a severe scratch on my side panel. First of all, MAKE SURE THE WINDOW IS ACRYLIC. Many case manufactures use polycarbonate, which this process won't work for. First check the depth of the scratch. Lightly run your fingernail over it if it doesn't catch, you can skip the sanding. Sand first with 1000grit wet sandpaper then again with 2000grit wet sandpaper. Sand with the 2000 until it is very smooth and clear. It will look a little bit foggy. Next, take buffing compound and a down cotton rags and press the compound in, then buff with the rags until it's clear. 

DISCLAIMER- this worked for me, I can't say it will work for you. I'm not responsible if you ruin the panel. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Just now, bgibbz said:

I have done his before for a severe scratch on my side panel. First of all, MAKE SURE THE WINDOW IS ACRYLIC. Many case manufactures use polycarbonate, which this process won't work for. First check the depth of the scratch. Lightly run your fingernail over it if it doesn't catch, you can skip the sanding. Sand first with 1000grit wet sandpaper then again with 2000grit wet sandpaper. Sand with the 2000 until it is very smooth and clear. It will look a little bit foggy. Next, take buffing compound and a down cotton rags and press the compound in, then buff with the rags until it's clear. 

DISCLAIMER- this worked for me, I can't say it will work for you. I'm not responsible if you ruin the panel. 

Thanks for your comment. So there is something as buffing compount? I'll go make a trip to the "nearest" hardwarestore and look there.

As far as I know the Define S has a acrylic side window, but if I am wrong, please say so (can't find it on their website :$).

My current rig:

25 minutes ago, Jayyzz said:

Thanks for your comment. So there is something as buffing compount? I'll go make a trip to the "nearest" hardwarestore and look there.

As far as I know the Define S has a acrylic side window, but if I am wrong, please say so (can't find it on their website :$).

My knowledge of plastics is limited to what I was fought in 7th grade plastics class.  All I know was there was a white and kind of pasty stick that we called buffing compound that we would use. When I fixed my side panel, I just got my friends younger brother to grab me some from school xD

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown