Why is it so hard to find a small case <10L that support SLI.

I am having the hardest time to find a small case that fits my requirements.  I want a PC case that is the smallest possible size and still supports SLI.  The Cerverus case looks really good at 18L, but didn't get funded, so I wanted to see what the limit is using a scratch built case.

I'd like to propose as design. At 10L, this is physically the smallest case you could make that would support a Micro-ATX Motherboard, 2x Titan Xs, 120mm AIO cooler, 750W SFX PSU, 2x SSDs.

This is a quick mock-up, but I'd like input before proceeding to prototyping.

matxPC3.pngPC3.png

I have plans to put front panel I/O and fan controller in the angled area in the illustrations.

I could also easily change the orientation of the GPU in the design, but it would require additional height (~15mm) to make room for the SLI bridge and PCI risers.

atxmod.png

The plans could also be modified for a Mini-ITX and single GPU (8.3L).

ix.png

You could always go with 1U or 2U. I stuffed desktops into 2U rack cases because i had the choice of ATX PSU or the 2U server PSU, the ability to fit 2 GPUs and dual SFP+ NICs, space for many drives. Even the cooling can be good as well as the fans have full coverage of the case but they may be loud high cfm fans.

Cooling wise i overclocked the 1st gen iseries 6 core xeon stuffed in a 2U case from the default 2.6Ghz to 4Ghz. Both CPU and board temperatures were below 60C during load but i also used a good heatsink that would fit in 2U as well. Scythe has plenty.

Rack cases are stackable and you can rackmount them. You will need PCIe risers and extenders though and some padding so the cards dont touch the metal case itself. The case i use does have a dual 5 inch bay which lets you install a fan controller if you want, put more hard drives or other things and cost the same as a desktop ATX case.

This could be a nice challenge for linus, stuffing a full desktop into 2U. In my case i had the space for fit 3 GPUs.

In your prototype, where do the drives go?

Not really what I'm going for, but an interesting idea. Are you aware of a 2U chassis that could support dual full-size GPUs?